It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, August 16, 2010

Chapter 8, Page 16, Book 10

Happiness is something we create in our mind,
It’s not something we search for and so seldom find,
It’s just waking up and beginning the day
by counting our blessings and kneeling to pray,
It’s giving up thoughts that breed discontent
And accepting what comes as a gift heaven-sent,
It’s giving up wishing for things we have not
And making the best of whatever we’ve got,
It’s knowing that life is determined for us,
And pursuing our tasks without fret, fume or fuss,
For it’s by completing what God gives us to do
That we find real contentment and happiness, too.

Helen Steiner Rice

It's a MERRY Monday at my house once again! After a wonderful weekend spent camping with DS#1 and family and then celebrating the baby shower for DS#5 and his wife I have no complaints at all today.

It looks like a beautiful day here and all is right in my part of the world anyway.

I haven't shared a HSR poem in awhile and I thought this one suited my frame of mind today. She has written so many wonderful poems that really I can find one to fit almost any situation.

I've got several tasks line up to complete this week. # 1 will be the painting I've been working on. So I can move on to the Christmas gifts I want to get started on.

I've also been assigned the task of finding a good craft for the grand'babes' to do next weekend. After the one we did last Saturday I'll be hard pressed to find one they'll enjoy as much. But I'll persevere and find one. I've books and books just loaded with ideas. Of course there is also an abundant supply online too.

There is also the usual cleaning and laundry to do so I'll not be lacking anything to keep me busy for sure.

DS#1's birthday is coming up too and since I can't be with him on his special day, I'll be fixing something special for him for next weekend.

I'll be making the best of what ever else may come my way today!

I hope it's a Merry Monday for you too!

'On Ya'-ma


4 comments:

Ally Lifewithally said...

Sounds like you are going to have a very busy day ~ hope you find another Craft to amuse the Children ~ Hope it is a very Merry Monday for you ~
It is cold and wet here in the UK the wind is blowing the apples off the tree ~ lets hope Mother Nature looks kindly upon for the Coming weeks ~ Ally x

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Monday!!...my favorite day of the week....!!

Enjoy

jack69 said...

Helen Steiner Rice is one of our favorite writers, especially Sherry. Thanks for posting it.

From the banks of the Wide Missouri.
Sherry & Jack

grammy said...

Monday Monday
so good to me (o:
If you are like me you will spend more time figuring out a craft than actually doing one (o:
It is just so much fun to research online