It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Chapter 8, Page 14, Book 10






Celebrating SUPER Saturday

I love all kinds of crafts and today I'm going to share what we did yesterday afternoon. We made flower print bandanas to wear.


These are a few blooms that I picked at home and then brought here to the camper with me


We put a piece of waxed paper Under the blossoms then laid a handkerchief over top of them
Then put another piece of waxed paper over the handkerchief

After that we smashed them with a hammer


Here is a picture of the finished product

I even did a tank top just to see how it'll look.

I think this is my new favorite craft. I can imagine smashing flowers on napkins and table cloths too.

There is no end to what could be decorated with them.


We are off the the baby shower today for DS#5 and his wife. I hope to share pictures with you all tomorrow.

Have a SUPER Saturday everyone.

'On Ya'-ma



8 comments:

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Oh my gosh MA! They're beautiful! What a GREAT idea! Wow, I would love to use my hibiscus to make placemats! Oh yea, I'm getting some ideas now!! Thanks for the inspiration MA! I can't believe how pretty they are, and how well they transferred.
Congratulations on a new baby! When is this precious one due?
How do you keep up with all of these bundles of joy? Hugs and Love, Sharon

Angie said...

Where DO you get all these ideas from? Quite sure if I tried it, it would end up looking like bits of cloth that I'd been mopping up squashed flowers with!

Barbara said...

How interesting and what fun.

Ally Lifewithally said...

Pam this new craft of yours looks lovely ~ you do have some bright ideas ~ I wondered how they would turn out but they are beautiful ~ where did you get this idea ???? I think I will have to have a go at this as there are some beautiful blooms out at the moment ~ Hope your Saturday is a good one for you ~ Ally x

Rose said...

What a fabulous idea! They look amazing. Good job and thanks for sharing.

Hugs, Rose

Sybil said...

What a clever idea MA...you are full of them...must tell my pal Pam about that one her grandkids would love it...especially the hammering bit if I know them !!
might even give it a go myself
love sybil

jack69 said...

Very interesting, that transfer. Makes a lovely print. U B smart ma!
From Sedalia, MO

Buttercup said...

This looks like a lot of fun and would make beautiful table decor. Sure the baby shower was fun and looking forward to the photos.