It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Chapter 8, Page 12, Book 10

If you want to feel rich, just count all of the things you have that money can't buy

Robert Marlowe


No matter what is happening, when I'm able to feel grateful for my life, it helps to reduce fear and bring me back to feeling more peaceful again It helps me to get through rough times, as well as adding great value and love to my life.

When I'm going through my day, and especially when things go right, I constantly offer up one sentence prayers to thank God. If it's a really good day, I might thank God close to a hundred times. I know I need to work on giving thanks in all things, even the bad.


I am truly grateful for all that I have in my life.

I give thanks for the people I love and for those who love me.

I am grateful for the gift of life and the JOY of living

I am thankful for my health and give thanks for the health of my family too.

I am thankful for all the many things I'm able to do each day and am grateful for the ability to do it.

I'm thankful for the new grand'babe' on the way and so very grateful that mom and babe are doing just fine.

I'm thankful for all of my beautiful grand children. They do light up my life like nothing else can.

I'm thankful for being able to enjoy this summer at my camper and for the beauty of nature all around us.

And last but not least for sure, I'm thankful I discovered where all the pesky fruit flies were coming from in my kitchen. I happened to open the cupboard to get an onion out of the bag and low and behold...a rotten onion covered with fruit flies.

May your days be many and your troubles be few.
May all God's blessings descend upon you.
May peace be within you may your heart be strong.
May you find what you're seeking wherever you roam.
Irish Blessing

When you're having a bad day, take a few minutes and start thanking God for all the blessings He's given to you. You'll find that your focus turns from things that make you sad, to things that make you happy and smiling. Counting your blessings and reliving happy memories will make you happier.

There is so much to be thankful for, and so many blessings to count that I hope your Thursday is a THANKFUL one too.

'On Ya'-ma

3 comments:

Hollie said...

So true! God is so Good! I'm thankful for all my blessings too....big & small!

jack69 said...

Ahhhhhhhh! Thankful, thankful thankful for all the things God has given us in life. Thankful to owe no one, thankful to have wonderful friends.
Most of all for a healthy wife and health myself. A day at the time.
From over in Missouri, the show me state.
Sherry & jack

Barbara said...

Just read through all your recent meditations and how true they all are.