It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Chapter 8, Page 11, Book 10

It' WONDERFUL Wednesday!

Time for a mid-week check in. Tuesday here was pretty uneventful. I got in my morning walk then got my hair cut. It's much shorter now. Still the same style only shorter.

Today there is little that requires attention here at my house so I'm going to work in the craft room. There is a lot I want to get done so hopefully some inspiration will hit me. I came to a stand still last week as I wanted to paint baby shoes on the slates I had base coated and I wasn't able to get it right. The drawing I'd done was too small and out of kilter so today hopefully I'll get it right


After completing those I've got a few things for fall I need to finish up and then I'll begin the Christmas ornaments that I want to do. Having such a large family making each of them something is getting to be challenge. I don't like to work under pressure so I hope I'm giving myself enough time for it all.

DS#3 is moving into a new home too and I'd like to make something as a house warming gift for them too. I am thinking I'm going to be very busy from now until Christmas time. My lazy days of summer are about to come to an end. I'll still be camping but I'll be taking my paints along with me. I love painting and enjoy giving gifts so for me this is something worthwhile spending my time on.

I hope your Wednesday is a WONDERFUL one doing what ever you enjoy too.

'On Ya' -ma





5 comments:

jack69 said...

Then we have that in common I like to paint and it relaxes me also.

When we were in the desert areas i spent my extra time painting rocks and giving them away. I held some for souveniers, a couple of them still ride on our dash.

have a good one!
Love from Kirksville, MO

Hollie said...

I know they so love your gifts!You are so talented! There's nothing I'd rather have than something made especially for me! I can't wait to see what all you come up with for them!

Sybil said...

What a talented lady you are..It is so good to be able to think up such lovely gifts for all the family, how proud they must be of you. Have a lovely Wednesday. I had a good one as I was able to get to our bible study this morning...or as I have re named it "Christian chat" as I am not so good at leading a bible study. I have missed it last coule of weeks due to all the other comitments.
Love Sybilx

Angie said...

I always find things go wrong if I work to tight schedules. When I used to make and decorate cakes I always thought I was starting them in plenty of time but would end up rushing.

I love gifts made by the giver but no-one in my family does anything like that. Including me, for shame. Well, I did, one Christmas, decide to give little baskets containing my own homr-made biscuits, sweets and cakes. Oh dear, you never saw so many miserable faces. I didn't bother again

grammy said...

Seems like painting at the campsite is the answer
I can get a project done while away like that
but this year all I did was read (o: