It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, August 01, 2010

Chapter 8, Page 1, Book 10

It's Sunday morning and I'm slowly sipping the good coffee and enjoying the peace and quiet of the morning. Yesterday was a busy one for me as I shopped for the better part of the day. It was in the mid to upper 70's here which is ideal summer weather in my books.

We had some clouds but no rain so it made it perfect to be browsing around the little town near here. The place is filled with loads of gifts and crafts produced by the Amish in this area. Sadly it is more commercialized than it used to be and it has bus loads of tourists that come in shopping for a day.

As always I will be going off to church today and will be including all of you in my thoughts and prayers. After that I intend to rest and relax. With all the walking I did I need to take it easy today.

I hope your Sunday is filled with lots of that good R and R !

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Good Sunday Morning MA! It must be so interesting to see all of the things that the Amish make. I don't know why but I am so fascinated by them and their way of life. We used to have a furniture store chock full of Amish made pieces. They were absolutely beautiful-a little too expensive for me however. But I did love to see the fine workmanship.
Bless you MA!!

Sharon

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Enjoy....!!

Rose said...

I would love shopping in all those interesting shops.

Thank you for your prayers!

Enjoy your lovely Sunday. Your temps are better than South Florida, it is 97 degrees here today! Too hot for me.

Hugs, Rose

jack69 said...

We were on the road today, no church.

As soon as we are set up in a new park, one of the first things we do is make a pot of coffed and sit and sip.

This is a nice level City park. Trees and a lot of shade.

From Marquette, MI

Cindi said...

enjoy...sounds great...
I have a new blog come check it out
http://livingretail.blogspot.com/