It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, July 09, 2010

Chapter 7, Page 9, Book 10

There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. When you learn to tap this source, you will truly have defeated age

Sophia Loren

Sometimes circumstances in our lives wear us down and make us feel older than we really are, but like the quote above says, we really never need feel old. I know that I have so many things I like to do that most of the time my fountain of youth overflows.

We need to remember that whatever may have happened to us in the past, it does not have to dictate our future. The tears happen. we endure, grieve, and move on. The only person who is with us our entire life is ourselves.

We can feel alive while we are alive by doing the things we enjoy and by being with the people that make us feel good with their love and affection, laughter and smiles.

I've found that I'm fine just where I am

Life isn't always fair, but it's still good

Contentment is realizing that God has already given me all I need.

It's a FANTASTIC Friday here at my house, I hope your day is a fantastic one too!

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

Hollie said...

Contentment is realizing that God has already given me all I need.


I LOVE THAT! THANKS FOR SHARING!

Barbara said...

Great writing and thanks for your continued prayers.

jack69 said...

As usual, something to 'Take Home'.
thanks, I hope my son reads it, I will put it in an inconspicous place, hoping he will 'run across it'.

Take care.

That corgi :) said...

that is a great definition of contentment, Ma! lots of us need to print that out and keep it close to think upon those words

and you are right about our past not dictating our futures. So many people get stuck in the past and can't move out of it for this reason or another. Always good to remember lessons learned in the past to not repeat them again and to savor good memories from the past and to not dwell too much on the bad events from our past.

enjoy the weekend!!

betty

Rose said...

My spirits are always lifted when I read your blog!

Great Post!

Enjoy your weekend.

Hugs, Rose

Joann said...

You do sound truly happy... and youthful!! = )