It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, July 08, 2010

Chapter 7, Page 8, Book 10

No longer forward nor behind
I look in hope or fear;
But, grateful, take the good I find,
The best of now and here.

John Greenleaf Whittier


Today I'm celebrating THANKFUL Thursday and I've many things to be thankful for:

For TODAY, which is the best day of my life

For my home, my health, my family and their good health too.

For air conditioning during the heat wave we are having

For iced tea, water melon, popsicles, ice cream and lemonade that refresh us so in the summer

For love and life and laughter

For holidays to celebrate

For a well-deserved rest and also a welcome change of scenery that I've enjoyed this summer.

For these and all my many blessings I am so truly thankful.


Hem your blessings with thankfulness so they don't unravel

Anonymous

Remember to be thankful for all that you have, especially the little things that make life so worthwhile. I do hope your Thursday is one you too can be THANKFUL for.

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

jack69 said...

I like that,"

Hem your blessings with thankfulness so they don't unravel

Never heard it before.
Love from NC and the heat here

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Thanks for reminding me.....sometimes i get caught up in life and forget to be truly thankfull....

Enjoy

peggy said...

A dozen times today I have said thank you for the rain we had today. I am now looking at both your posts, taking a break and having a cuppa coffee.

grammy said...

I love to read through other people's thankful list
Yes to Watermelon (o:
so many little things we tend to take for granite
bugs pray
sunscreen
anti itch meds
SUMMER

That corgi :) said...

I liked that quote about hemming my blessings with thankful so they don't unravel. those are wise words. great list of thankfuls, Ma, especially air conditioning and summer treats!

betty