It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Chapter 7, Page 7, Book 10

Wonder is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed.
Albert Einstein
Something wonderful can and does happen to each and everyone of us every day of our lives. I think of all the beauty and color every where and am in awe of it all.
In that good old summer time...There's a time in each year. That we always hold dear...
I am a lover of the sunshine, but when the days get too hot like they are here right now, I wilt big time. Lazy hazy days of summer are good for sipping iced tea and sitting in the shade. I rest more often and slow down.
Life in the slow lane does give me time to talk to my friends and be with my family. It lets me watch the sun rise in the morning sky and set at the end of the day. The meals get simpler and even the laundry seems a lot less due to the lighter weight clothing needed to keep cool.
I know that the memory of summer is what keeps me going on cold icy days during the winter. So as I wipe my sweaty brown, I'll keep in mind that this too will pass and I'll miss the awesome days of summer.

I've learned . . . .
to gather all the crumbs thrown my way.
They soon form a lovely, thick slice
of life and memories.
I hope your Wednesday is a wonderful day !

'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Good Morning...!!

My daughter and the grands are in Mansfield visiting the other grand mother and soaking up some of your bright sunny days....

Enjoy

Ally Lifewithally said...

I loved your little bit that said "
I've learned . . . .to gather all the crumbs thrown my way.They soon form a lovely, thick slice of life and memories". ~
I like to gather all the memories I can ~
hope your Wednesday is a good one ~ Ally x

That corgi :) said...

there is so much to look at with beauty Ma! especially if we take the time to do so and you are right, it does feel us with awe and thanksgiving to God for his creation!!

do be careful in this heat; I know you are! drink plenty of fluids and rest as much as you can! I hear it is dreadful and I heard there is no end in sight (which I hope wasn't true).

lots of great summer days left though this year before the fall/winter comes and I know you will enjoy each and every one of them!

betty

jack69 said...

Nice to slow down and be socialable. We left the mountain camp ground to get down here to the HOT flat lands. We have some shade to ENJOY!
Take care, hope you had a great day sipping tea and enjoying your retired life.