It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Chapter 7, Page 31, Book 10

Imagine life as a game in which you are juggling some five balls in the air. You name them . . . work, family, health, friends and spirit, and you're keeping all of these in the air. You will soon understand that work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back. But the other four balls . . . family, health, friends and spirit are made of glass. If you drop one of these, they will be irrevocably scuffed, marked, nicked, damaged or even shattered. They will never be the same

Author Unknown
Today is SUPER Saturday!

There were many days in my life that this was the one day of the week that I tried to get it all done. When I was working it was the day to get the house clean and the laundry done and if you were lucky you also made it out to the grocery store. After I started camping all the Saturday work had to be done during the week so that I could camp on the weekends. Now I still call it a SUPER Saturday because usually it's a day that I get to spend with some of my family because some of them camp along side of me.

I often think how great it would be if all of them were here. We did manage that a few years ago and I loved every minute of it. Family is so important to me. It's not that I don't have a life of my own, but when all is said and done family is what I consider most important.

Faith, Family, Friends and Home are the important things in my life.

I became a mom and my whole life changed and once you are a mom, you remain one, no matter how old your children get to be.

You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them.

Desmond Tutu

Whatever you do today, I do hope it is a SUPER one for you!

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

jack69 said...

I hope this day is a great sone for you! We are headed out today for a day trip again.

Always enjoy your words of encouragement and brightness!

Buttercup said...

Faith, family, friends and home -- the sweetest moments of life. Have a great Super Saturday.

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Love the new header photo...
It's COLD and raining here...highs in the sixties....is fall just around the corner,,,,?
Enjoy

Sybil said...

Faith Family friends home, what more could we wish for Ma...Thank you. Saturday was a better day for us too after a rather horrendous Friday...
Love Sybil xx

Angie said...

HI! I used to think there was some great virtue in leaving the house all spick and span before we went anywhere - even if it was only a day trip. I did a whole working life of that before I realised there are more important things.