It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, July 30, 2010

Chapter 7, Page 30, Book 10



Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything that is beautiful for beauty is God's handwriting
- a wayside sacrament. Welcome it in every fair face, in every fair sky, in every fair flower, and thank God for it as a cup of blessing.

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Today I'm celebrating another FANTASTIC Friday!

I've enjoyed
so many beautiful days this summer. It's been a joy just to be alive. When I retired in April I was one worn out lady. I
didn't know if I'd ever manage to get all the rest that I needed.
Well I think that finally I am rested and ready to get busy doing a few things. I will still be at my camper as much as possible until the end of October
but there is much I can do while I'm here.

I've brought my paint and brushes along with me so hopefully I'll be
making some things for gifts and just for fun. With my large family that just keeps growing, someone is always having a birthday or anniversary and
I do love to give gifts. I love to paint so I'm not only doing something for someone else, I'm also doing it for me too.

I did say I'd be busy, but it won't be work that I'm doing. With all the beauty of the country side I need to pay attention to all that is around me too. For the next few days we are going to have a break from the high temps we've been experiencing and that alone makes one feel like doing more.

If I manage to actually complete something, I'll take some
pictures to show you. Meanwhile I'll be sharing some photos of the lovely sunsets here. I enjoy sunrises too but the sun comes up behind a hill that is c
overed with trees so getting pictures of that isn't as easy to do. Mayb
e that is something else I should be working on.
A thing of beauty is a joy forever; its loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness.

John Keats

I do hope your Friday is a Fantastic one and that you'll take a moment to look at the beauty all around you.

'On Ya'-ma

3 comments:

Angie said...

I just had to have a little chuckle when you said you like sunrises but yours is a bit blotted out by trees and perhaps "...that's something else I should be working on." You can't go tree felling!!

Jenny said...

Hope you have a good Friday too. I always have my Oak tree to look at and watch the goings on in Oak tree city.
Jenny <><

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

That is wonderfull sbout your dil.
I think they said my daughters baby is around 4lbs. She is big! 31 WEEKS. I think she will go early. She looks good but had trouble getting comfortable to sleep.she is petite at 5'2. so baby is taking up alot of space.
love your photos.