It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, July 03, 2010

Chapter 7, Page 3, Book 10





You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes

Winnie The Pooh
As Written by A.A. Milne

We choose every moment of our lives. in our response to each and every event in our lives. I think that we should focus on things that you can control, such as yourself. It’s a much more peaceful and productive way to live.

Many might think there is a lot wrong in the world, but there is a lot of good too. Every 4th of July we celebrate the birth of our country. It brings out a lot of patriotism that you usually wouldn't find. Red White and Blue colors are everywhere and flags fly and people celebrate a holiday weekend


Every day offers a variety of encounters and experiences.Since I get to choose my thoughts, I choose to expect good. And why wouldn't I expect good?

I'm very glad I live in a country that believes in freedom and the right to peruse happiness. I am thankful for the many who provided those wonderful freedoms too.


Yesterday evening some of our camping friends set off a mini hot air ballon here at the campground and that is what the pictures are of today. I'd never seen anything like it so I thought you might enjoy seeing it too.




May the sun in his course visit no land
more free, more happy, more lovely, than this our own country!

Daniel Webster




We all enjoyed seeing it go up up in the air so high...A few minutes later it landed in the middle of a farmers field just outside the campground.

I hope your Saturday is a SUPER one!

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

Hollie said...

Thanks for sharing! I bet it was awesome seeing it in person! I hope you all have a happy & safe fourth!

jack69 said...

This is certainly a new wrinkle in our horn (My dad's statement after seeing something new). Never witnessed one before.

The fourth brings a lot of golf carts to our camp ground here. They will decorate and parade later this morning. Yesterday we hiked to the top of the mountain here, to a lake nestled near the summit. (I forgot the camera!!!)

Happy fourth, Love from the edge of the Blue Ridge and Smokies.

Sybil said...

Thanks for the photo's. The farmers are all complaining over here and demanding a ban on these so called chinese lanterns, they have becoem very popular over here. Apparently when they land the sometimes land in fields of cattle feed and once harvested small parts of metal from the lanterns are chopped up and then digested by the animals causing pain and even death...
Have a wonderful 4th July and God Bless You All
love sybil x

That corgi :) said...

I hadn't seen a mini hot air balloon like this before Ma; I enjoyed the pictures of it. I bet it was cool to see it in person and the kids enjoyed watching it go and fly like it did

you are right that we can choose our thoughts and do have control about them. I don't have a 3-day weekend off like a lot of people and I can "whine" about it and be upset about it or I could be grateful that I have a job and make Monday the best day possible for work. I'm choosing to make it the best day possible and do the best job I can that day :)

love your header picture of I'm thinking your town square! very patriotic!

betty

Linda :) said...

Thanks for sharing the hot air balloon, that was so neat... I have missed visiting you at Camp Rainey... :)