It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Chapter 7, Page 20, Book 10

It's TERRIFIC Tuesday


I sometimes have to search around to find something to write about every day. Life for me in the slow lane doesn't always have something exciting to share and I don't always find something new to take pictures of. Some days are just ordinary and I've got to say I DO LOVE ordinary days.

I did find this little list about TIME that had some good advice so I thought maybe you'd enjoy that today.

1. Take time to worship–it the highway of reverence which cleanses and restores the soul.

2. Take time to work–it is the price of success.

3. Take time to think–it is the source of power.

4. Take time to read–it is the foundation of knowledge.

5. Take time to help and enjoy friends–it is the source of happiness.

6. Take time to play–it is the secret of youth.

7. Take time to love–it is the one sacrament.

8. Take time to dream–it hitches the soul to the stars.

9. Take time to sing–it is the singing that helps with life’s loads.

10. Take time to laugh–it is the secret of being able to have time to take time for the first nine things.


Of course I really liked that number 10. Take time to laugh! So to finish this post for today I will leave you with this thought:

A smile is quite a funny thing;
It wrinkles up your face;
And when it’s gone, you cannot find
Its secret hiding place.

But far more wonderful it is
To see what smiles can do.
You smile at one, he smiles at you,
And so one smile makes two.

He smiles at someone, since you smiled,
And then that one smiles back;
And that one smiles until in truth
You fail in keeping track.

And since a smile can do great good
By cheering hearts of care,
Let’s smile and smile, and not forget
That smiles go everywhere!


I do hope your Tuesday is TERRIFIC one!

'On Ya' - ma

7 comments:

jack69 said...

This made me smile!!

peggy said...

You always find just the right thing to start the day.

Kathy said...

I like this list. You always have such uplifting posts for us to read each day. I look forward to your entries. Looks like you are enjoying your summer and your retirement.

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Love the "List" and sometimes the slow lane is good...!!

Enjoy

Hollie said...

Thanks for another great entry....as always!

Elizabeth said...

I love your list !

Ally Lifewithally said...

Pat you always make my day brighter ~ Ally x