It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, July 02, 2010

Chapter 7, Page 2, Book 10





I've been trying to walk a bit every morning when I'm home and today's pictures are of things I see on my walk. The header picture in my blog is of our town square. I don't live but maybe a 20 minute walk from town so it's a nice walk and not too long.

Every year we try and do some fun things at the campsite as a family and when I saw this list of things to do I thought you might enjoy them too. We have some crafts planned and some activities too so hopefully I'll be sharing pictures of that in the next day or two or three.

Safe Summer Celebrations to keep the Fourth of July fun, festive and safe for families.


After the sun goes down, wrap flashlights in colored cellophane to provide fun shades of light.

Purchase non-toxic glo-sticks, glo-ropes and glo-jewelry that can safely light the night for kids.

Create your own noisemakers by banging wooden spoons on pots and pans. Search your house for horns, whistles and bells and other items to create a marching band.

Make your own firecracker sounds by popping bubble wrap.

Using yarn, craft sticks, paint and construction paper, families can make the United States flag.

Make 4th of July rockets by using paper towel rolls, paint, streamers and paper cement.

Let kids create in the kitchen by making fun desserts using blueberries, strawberries and whipping cream for star-spangled treats.

Have children design and decorate their own t-shirts and hats using glow in the dark paints. Add puffy paints and glitter to make them sparkle.

Use hypoallergenic face paint or make-up to make designs on your child's face. Adults should apply the face paint and remove it with cold cream or eye make-up remover instead of soap. Follow product guidelines about applying product directly around the eyes.

Have a FANTASTIC Friday everyone

'On Ya' - ma

9 comments:

Joan said...

What a lovely walk you had into town and on such a glorious morning just know you enjoyed it. Plenty of good ideas for your holiday weekend have fun. Love Joan

jack69 said...

Beautiful street sights and great ideas for 4th entertainment!
Thanks and have a great day!
Love from NC
PS Sherry just said it was supposed to get down to 56 tonight here. BRRRRRR

jack69 said...

Beautiful street sights and great ideas for 4th entertainment!
Thanks and have a great day!
Love from NC
PS Sherry just said it was supposed to get down to 56 tonight here. BRRRRRR

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Enjoy your family weekend....!!

Kath said...

Just a quick visit to say I have been away from home all week,just popped in to make sure th ehome is OK!!! and I am now away from home once again until the 10th July,thus my missing comments Ma.Keep well until my return.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

That corgi :) said...

you live in such a nice looking town, Ma! That does look like an enjoyable walk for you!! and as you know walking is such a great form of exercise!!

all great ideas for celebrating the Fourth and doing activities with kids! I'm sure you all will have a great weekend!

betty

Sybil said...

Please Ma can I come along to the camp site and spend July 4th with you all...it all sounds such fun.
I did enjoy my wee walk along to your village looks lovely and green. Thankfully we are still having good weather over here with just a little rain, not enough to really water the garden though. I expect we will be told to start conserving water soon, But as I do that anyway thats ok.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Love Sybil xx

Hollie said...

Beautiful town! Thanks for the great ideas!

Linda :) said...

I enjoyed the stroll though your town... :)