It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, July 19, 2010

Chapter 7, Page 19, Book 10


Don't ever save anything for a special occasion.
Being alive is the special occasion

Author Unknown

Isn't great that today is the first day of a brand new week! New beginnings for all of us. So if last week wasn't so great, rejoice, today we start all over!

We had a nice rain storm last evening. It was nice in that it cooled things off a bit and there was no damage done. The dust is now settled and every thing looks nice and shiny here this morning.

The picture today shows the beautiful sunset after the rain.

Fresh starts all the way round for me today and I'm always glad for that.

I often think that the best should be used everyday. My biggest problem though is that I'd rather use a cheap paper plate than to use my good plates and silverware because then I'd have dishes to do.

There are also clothes that hang in my closet that I save for good...well I would look pretty funny camping or working in the yard with my Sunday best on...

So it's a problem for me as you can see. Would that all our problems could be such simple ones.

Every day’s a perfect gift
of time for us to use.
Hours waiting to be filled
in any way we choose.
Each morning brings
a quiet hope
that rises with the sun.
Each evening brings
the sweet content
that comes with work well done.

I do hope your Monday is a MERRY one!

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

Jenny said...

It's been a good Monday so far for me and the weather is hot. Hope your day is just as good.

Jenny <><

jack69 said...

Beautiful entry. Yes I love living this 'Special Occasion'.
good thoughts.

Angie said...

What my Monday's been so far is idle. I mean, I didn't evenget in the shower until gone mid-day

Hollie said...

Gorgeous sunset! I think we're all guilty of that. I hope you have a wonderful day!

That corgi :) said...

that is a beautiful sunset Ma! so glad you guys got a bit of rain to help cool down your area! always refreshing with a summer storm!

maybe you could treat yourself once a week to eat off your nice dishes and plan to dress up on occasion now that you don't need to do it daily with your leisure days :)

betty

Buttercup said...

I had a similar thought tonight. I have beautiful pottery I bought in Italy. I reached for one of the bowls for dinner and thought, "I can't use this. It's too good." I pushed that thought away :) and had my cottage cheese and fruit in my favorite bowl. Have to remember to use the set every day. Wishes for a great Tuesday!

Joann said...

I wasn't looking forward to this day when I woke up this morning... some things are not going well at work, but the day went on... and it was nowhere near as bad as I expected. Things are normal, and good.