It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Chapter 7, Page 18, Book 10

Every now and then go away, have a little relaxation, for when
you come back to your work your judgment will be surer.
Go some distance away because then the work appears smaller
and more of it can be taken in at a glance and a lack
of harmony and proportion is more readily seen.

Leonardo Da Vinci


It's the day many of us wait for and one I do appreciate for sure. Sundays are always a day of R & R for me. Rest, refreshment, renewal, rejoicing, and refueling are just a few of the R words that describe this day for me.

I do go away, just about every week, and count myself all the better for it too. Years ago when we first started camping I could hardly wait for the work week to end and then head out to our campsite.

Back then camping was much simpler. We didn't have the luxury of having a shower in our camper, or Dish TV, or air conditioning. Now I have all that and more. I have my computer with me and also my cell phone. Truly, except for the space I have, everything here I have at home.

Getting away from home though, does get me away from things I have to do. There is an unending amount of stuff I have to do at home and here there is little except what I choose to bring with me.

I do treasure the time here and make the most of it while weather permits. When it's cold and snowy out then I'll do what needs be done at home.

This week I went to Saturday evening services at church so this morning, I'm just relaxing. I have a summer Bible study that I'm working on about the book of Ruth and I have my ever present crochet project that I started last summer. I'm determined to get it done, so I always have it with me for quiet times.

Often there is someone else from my family here and then it seems I'm always busy, but sometimes like this weekend no one else is here so then I get more done.


Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life

Ralph Waldo Emerson

As always you all are in my thoughts and prayers and I do hope you get in that precious R & R time so that you too are ready for the new week ahead of us.

'On Ya'-ma

8 comments:

Rose said...

Relax and enjoy your Sunday!

jack69 said...

Some folk never know how to relax, glad you do. Enjoy the day.
From our camper to yours!
Love from Tennessee
Sherry & Jack

Angie said...

"Recuperation" - that's another 'r' word that fits in I think. We can only BE our best if we FEEL our best so we owe it to ourselves to treat ourselves right, take a breather.

Jenny said...

Have a blessed Sunday.

Jenny <><

Sybil said...

Nor much R&R for me at the moment Ma with all the too ing and fro ing to hospital and also lots of care having to be given to everything I say as I don't want to worry anyone any more than we are, So keep praying for us please that we cope this comming week.
love Sybil xx

Martha (MM) said...

Enjoy Ma! :-)

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

I did get my rest today..and my body feels so much better.
I think people just try to do too much on the weekends, instead of enjoying time with the ones they love.
Life is too short to not enjoy it..
Glad you had a restful and relaxing day..
Take care....

Jeannette said...

I just wish I could get away but I know that I am luckier than many although I am still in pain with my back and knee. I hope you had a great weekend.