It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Chapter 7, Page 17, Book 10

Star light, Star bright, the first Star I see tonight, I wish I may, I wish I might, Have the wish I wish tonight

Wishes are magical.


When you blow out your birthday or as soon as you see a
shooting start or when you toss that coin into a fountain, do you make a wish? I know I often do. Most of the time my wish is for other's happiness.

Now maybe you think to make a wish is somewhat childish, something for kids, it's not! I think most of the time we make our wishes come true by doing things. If we wish for good things we become positive thinkers. Being positive isn't always easy but it sure beats the alternative.

When I wish someone a good day, I'm hoping that it will be one in which they have only good things happen. I often wish people have a Happy Birthday or a Happy New Year. I wish for them good health and happiness. Wishes, dreams, hopes, prayers and blessings all seem to intermingle to me.

A Wish For You



Today...I wish you a day of ordinary miracles

A fresh pot of coffee you didn't make yourself.

An unexpected phone call from an old friend.

Green stoplights on your way to work or shop.

I wish you a day of little things to rejoice in...

The fastest line at the grocery store.

A good sing along song on the radio.

Your keys right where you look.

A rainbow ahead of you.

I wish you a day of happiness and perfection,

little bite-size pieces of perfection

that give you the funny feeling

that the Lord is smiling on you,

holding you so gently because

you are someone special and rare.

Author Unknown


Have a Super Saturday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

jack69 said...

And we wish you the most happiness in the world. with God's blessings!

Kathy said...

Starlight, starbright...yours is the first blog I've read today. What an uplifting read to start my day off. Thank you so much. :)

That corgi :) said...

I like what Jack said in his comment, wishing you happiness with God's choicest blessings too Ma!!

betty

Ally Lifewithally said...

Wishes are indeed magical and I wish for you a blessed weekend with everything you wished for us ~ Ally x

grammy said...

I am still thinking

"Today was good
today is fun
tomorrow is another one"

or something like that.

If wishes were fishes...

I do tell the kids, instead of wishing why not pray (o: