It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, July 16, 2010

Chapter 7, Page 16, Book 10

Today was good.
Today was fun.
Tomorrow is another one

Dr. Seuss.
I live in a fantastic world. Joy and laughter seem to fill my days. Yet when I listen to the news I find that it isn't the world that most live in.
I guess my world is so different because I've learned to relax and choose JOY. I look for and find as much joy as possible in EVERY day.
Today is what is important so I don't think about the regrets of yesterday or the expectations of tomorrow. You can’t give too much love or share too much joy.The real fun in life is the journey and enjoying the present moment.

It is amazing how we so often look for joy in every single place except the only place where it can truly be found. It is found in our hearts. It's the warm glow we feel when we are at peace with ourselves.

You have a right to enjoy life, right here, right now! As you do, you’ll be amazed by the joy of every day life.

May there always be work for your hands to do,
May your purse always hold a coin or two.
May the sun always shine warm on your windowpane,
May a rainbow be certain to follow each rain.
May the hand of a friend always be near you,
And may God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you

Anonymous

It's FANTASTIC Friday, I hope you'll be joining me today by choosing JOY!

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

jack69 said...

I love that old Irish saying. IT sounds bright and cheerful, as your life is.

Our lives too, are filled with happiness, I don't know how I could cope if I only saw sadness and destruction! I dislike the news sources for that reason, only negative material is used because that is what 'listeners and watchers' seem to want 'THEY SAY'.
Anyway love you , from our campground in Tennessee to yours.

jack69 said...

I love that old Irish saying. IT sounds bright and cheerful, as your life is.

Our lives too, are filled with happiness, I don't know how I could cope if I only saw sadness and destruction! I dislike the news sources for that reason, only negative material is used because that is what 'listeners and watchers' seem to want 'THEY SAY'.
Anyway love you , from our campground in Tennessee to yours.

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Have a "joyous" weekend...!!!

That corgi :) said...

I think that is why joy is listed as one of the fruit of the Spirit because we can only get true joy by being planted firmly in faith like I know you are Ma! You know the preciousness of life, the fraility of life, etc. You know how important it is to enjoy the present moment, to laugh, to love, to pray and to trust God. And that is why you are able to have Wonderful Wednesdays, Terrific Tuesdays, Thankful Thursdays, Fantastic Fridays, etc. because you know what truly matters! thanks for sharing that too with us through your daily writings!!

may today be another day filled with love and laughter and making memories for you!

betty

Ally Lifewithally said...

You have a fantastic Friday and I hope the weekend will be a blessed one for you ~ Ally x

Jenny said...

Have a good weekend full of Joy!

Jenny <><