It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Chapter 7, Page 15, Book 10

For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

IT'S THANKFUL THURSDAY!

As always I do have much to be thankful for. So here is the list for this week

I am thankful for

The beautiful summer weather
For my family
For my health and that of my family too
For my home (both of them)
For the fresh fruits and vegetables that we are enjoying right now
For air conditioning that gives us comfort when the temperature flares up high
For a swimming pool to enjoy at the campground
For soft breezes and shade trees
For wonderful summer evenings spent out doors.

The weather man said that our sun will set at 9:00 this evening and now our days will just get shorter each day. I'm so enjoying the longer day light hours and will miss them when they are gone.

For these and all my many blessings I am so truly thankful.


God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say thank you?
William A. Ward


I hope your Thursday is filled with many things to be THANKFUL for too!

'On Ya'-ma


9 comments:

jack69 said...

I think I come here for the morng boost.
A copy of your yesterday blog is on the table. Sherry says, "I think Ma is reading our mail, she knew we needed a good send off!"

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Thanks again for the reminder!!!

Enjoy

Jenny said...

It is good to be thankful. Hope you have a good day.
Jenny <><

Joan said...

We do have so much to be thankful for but and a big but you said on your other blog this is St Swithens day Its has been lashing here all day so here's to the next 40 days think I will build a pond out in the garden lol.Love Joan.

Ally Lifewithally said...

We do have so much to be thankful for we just need to remind ourselves ~ Ally x

Ally Lifewithally said...

I just realised today is St Swithens day and the rain has been lashing down ~ If we have forty days of rain our Summer will be gone :o( ~ I need some sunshine :O) ~ Ally x

Hollie said...

What a great list! We have so many things to be thankful for. We are truly blessed beyond measure!

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

Have fun this weekend at camper.
Thanks for the positive words.
Yes we do have much to be thankful for.

That corgi :) said...

I did say thank you to God a few times today, Ma!! It is funny to see the seconds as so many 86,400 daily; seems like so many of them but they do seem to be going by so fast!!

great list of thankfuls indeed for you Ma! I bet it is very enjoyable to enjoy the fresh fruits/veggies, yum!

betty