It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Chapter 7, Page 13, Book 10


The world always looks brighter from behind a smile.

Author Unknown

IT'S TERRIFIC TUESDAY

About looking on the BRIGHT SIDE of life....and celebrating gray hairs

As we journey through life, we need to put our thoughts and words on something other than the problems that face us.

Dwelling on our problems make them seem even worse than they are.

We need to stop thinking about problems, talking about the problems, and sometimes, we even need to stop praying about the problems. If we have prayed, God has heard

It is important to go out and do something enjoyable while you are waiting for God to solve your problem. You may not feel like it, but do it anyway. If we can get our minds and our words focused on life's ordinary problems in a positive, upbeat way, our days will look a whole lot brighter.

Stop taking life so seriously. Learn to laugh at yourself. Lighten your load: laugh! You can make your life look easier by staying relaxed. Put on a happy face.

Somewhere along the line I made the switch and was able to look at the bright side and found that joy is everywhere , we only need to look for it!

Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness

Chinese Proverb

I consider myself an older woman with pizazz. My shining glory is my silver hair . I take pride in my wrinkles and gray hair and celebrate the wisdom of aging

Have a TERRIFIC Tuesday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

Ninny said...

I was out blog hopping this morning while enjoying that first cuppa coffee. Followed the crumbs from who know where and found my way to your blog. Your Tuesday post totally sat me down and gave me a good talkin to! Okay, okay. I'm gonna find my happy place today and whistle a little tune every time something inconvenient comes my way.

Liz (aka Ninny)

That corgi :) said...

I also think in addition to trying to forget our problems and after we have prayed about our problems, we should also thank God that he is working on fixing our problems in his perfect timing. But that is great advice, Ma. Sometimes we get fixated a lot on what is going on with us that we lose our joy and forget happiness. knowing Tuesday will be terrific for you!

betty

Lisa said...

Excellent advice Ma!! So true. God has been teaching me these things ... if we complain about not having enough money it's like chains that lock down and make it worse. We must thank God we have a wallet for Him to fill up!!! We must thank for every blessing we have and trust Him to make it all work out right. He is gracious, kind and merciful to us!! Focusing on the good and not the bad is sometimes the only thing we can do and it's only hard until you get started. Yes, as I was reading your entry I was seeing how far the Lord has brought me and how much He taught me because I was nodding my head in agreement and jumping up and down!! What a great entry!!!
Lisa in Kentucky

jack69 said...

Ma, you are blessed with an ability to spread cheer and great advice. That is the advice I have been trying to teach myself, thanks for the support.

Now we are off to wee the Wizard, and know things will be better when we return.
Thanks again and again.