It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Chapter 7, Page 11, Book 10

Yes, I have doubted. I have wandered off the path. I have been lost. But I always returned. ... My faith has wavered but has saved me

Helen Hayes

One of the most treasured parts of my life is my faith. I am abundantly blessed with the things in life that are important. Not treasures of gold or sliver but of love and joy. That is why most Sundays I can be found in prayer, in thanking God his many blessings.

Sundays are in fact my day of R & R and refreshing my faith is a necessary part of the day. I'm off to church most every Sunday morning.

No one has actually SEEN faith. But all of us have seen what faith does. Faith can't be seen, but it can create very powerful and life-changing effects.

All of us have different ways of expressing our faith and the ways we believe are wide and varied. One thing that holds true for most of us though, is that we need something to have faith in to enable us to move forward each day. Something that gives us strength when we are weak, that very something I call faith.

You are all in my thoughts and prayers as always.

I hope your day is filled with lots of good R and R no matter how you accomplish it and that you will be ready and refreshed for the new week ahead.

'On Ya'-ma


8 comments:

Jenny said...

Thanks for commenting. It's very quiet on blogger now, not many people about. Have a blessed Sunday.

Jenny <><

jack69 said...

Good morning. God has given us a beautiful day here. The temps have dropped and it is more comfortable.

Faith is important to us. We attend services nearly every Sunday also, I would not atend as often because I seldom hear what is said. I go with my girl, because together we worship.
A couple more days here then out on the road.

Great entry as usual. Take care.

Rose said...

I believe strongly in the power of prayer!

That corgi :) said...

without faith, I have no hope, without faith this world would be so hard to deal with. I don't know what people do who don't have faith or belief in something or someone (for us we know it is Jesus). Always love to go to church and worship and learn and be among fellow believers :)

may you have a great day Ma!

betty

Hollie said...

Enjoy your day of R & R. That's what I'm going to be doing. Faith is a wonderful thing...it's all that gets us through.

Sybil said...

I have had a lovey day of R&R..Church this morning was rather special as our minister Ron who has been with us 2 years from Canada held his last service. We had communion and also a lttle grandaughter of one of members Ava,was given a blessing (having been baptised at her own local church far from Gran and Grandad's) all this was followed by a lovely bring and share lunch. I also had a day free from driving to and from Bath to hospital so it really has been a day of R&R
Love Sybil

Sonya said...

I got up and got ready this morning but the person in my family that was going with me did not want to go. We were going to our old church. Frustrated, and not happy with the newer church close by, I've decided from now on just to go by myself if I have to. We've definitely taken a spiritual nose dive by not finding a church we ALL are really happy with. So I guess I'll be making the drive by myself then if no one else wants to go. Hope your week is a good one!!!

Angie said...

When I was working I used to spend Sunday in the shadow of the dreaded Monday. If I was taking a week's holiday and not going to work on Monday, blow me down if I didn't go thinking how I would be feeling the NEXT Sunday instead of savouring what my week off might bring. Daft!