It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Chapter 7, Page 10, Book 10

What dreadful hot weather we have! It keeps me in a continual state of inelegance

Jane Austen


CELEBRATING SUPER SATURDAY!

It is so much nicer here today. Our temps have really cooled off and I'm relieved to say the least. The heat we had last week is so unusual for our area that when it gets back to normal, I guess I know why I love summer here in Ohio.

They say it will warm up in the 80's this week but not in the 90's and believe me that 10 degrees really makes a difference.

When we set out by the campfire on clear nights you can lean back in your chair and look up into the sky. The stars were just brilliant last night. Between watching the campfire and star gazing I was entertained all evening. They are two of favorite sights. Of course there is always good conversation and lots of laughter too. No movie or TV show can match the wonderful feeling you get around the campfire.

As far as I know today is to be a relaxing one here at camp. It will be a SUPER Saturday for sure. I hope your day is a SUPER one too!

'On Ya'-ma


9 comments:

Hollie said...

Sounds like a wonderful night @ your place in the woods. It's been super hot here also. I can't remember the last time it rained. We need some rain badly. I'm so ready for Fall for the cooler temps.

jack69 said...

I wish I were there at our camp. Today is the big day here for the g-son's wedding.

I am not much for big celebrations, but it will be over soon and I hope happily ever after.

being mostly deaf, it is hard to understand in a crowd.

Hope you have a great day!

Jeannette said...

As I am writing this I am looking at my weather monitor. Right now it is reading 109 degrees in our back garden. I am staying in the bedroom with the curtains closed and a fan going.

Midlife Mom said...

Do you ever go out just after dark and watch the fire flies? It is just beautiful here and the kids love to run and try to catch them. Of course the mosquitos are out too!!!

I'm looking forward to going down to camp and just reading a good book I have started and taking a nap listening to the water lapping up on shore. Ahhhhhhhhhh......now that's a Super Saturday for me! :o)

Jenny said...

It's still too hot here in the uk but supposed to cool next week. Have a good weekend.

Jenny <><

Sybil said...

Hi Ma, sounds like you are having a wonderful time. I agree there is nothing like lookig up to our wonderul sky and seeing all these stars. We are lucky here where I am that we don;t have any street lights so all is lovely on moon light nights.
You may have noticed I have been missing last couple of days however I have been very busy and also very sad as my dearest BIL John has just been diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer for which there is not much can be done..he has always een our rock and it is hard to take it all in. My poor siter has CPOD and is not well herself and cannot drive so I have the "pleasure" of sriving her twice a day into Bath to the hospital so it is very tiring...
Anyway good to read your wise words.
Love Sybil xx

Joan said...

The sky alway facinates me sunsets like last night wonderful and looking at the stars is so wonderful. Glad it has cooled will not comment on my horrible night here. Love Joan

That corgi :) said...

glad it cooled down, Ma! I like to star gaze too; always fun to try to pick out some constellations, etc. Sounded like a great Friday night for you all!

betty

Sonya said...

I think we get some relief from the 90's next week for the most part. It has been hot here too but I don't think as hot as the northeast. We have had some good afternoon rains here - some good thundershowers with heavy rain. That was good.
Hope all is going well and you are having a great camping weekend.