It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Chapter 6, Page 8, Book 10

Live, love, laugh AND BE HAPPY


I don't know if you can see him but there is a robin sitting at the bottom center of this photo. I caught him just this once before he flew away.


I got to wondering where the quote , Live, love, laugh and be happy, came from so I googled it and sure enough there is a song that used just those words. It's an oldie and younger folks may not have heard it but it's a great song.

When the Red, Red Robin comes Bob-Bob-Bobbing Along

When the red red robin comes
Bob bob bobbing along, along
There'll be no more sobbing
When he starts throbbing
His old sweet song.
Wake up, wake up, you sleepy head.
Get up, get up, get out of bed
Cheer up, cheer up, the sun is red.
Live, love, laugh, and be happy.

What if I've been blue?
Now I'm walking through fields of flowers.
Rain may glisten but still I listen
For hours and hours.
I'm just a kid again,
Doing what I did again,
Singing a song,
When the red red robin comes
Bob bob bobbing along

Lyrics by Harry Woods

Robins are very prevalent in my neck of the woods. At home or camping they are always around. I remember one early Spring day that I sat visiting with my mom and we spied a few robins outside the window. She recited a poem about robins that she remembered from her childhood, but for the like of me I cannot remember it. I do remember my mom though every time I see a robin.

I hope you enjoyed the song today and that your Tuesday is a TERRIFIC one!

Live, love laugh and be happy!


'On Ya'-ma


8 comments:

Hollie said...

I did like the song indeed! Never heard it before. We have lots of Robins here also. Have a great day!

Angie said...

Oh I so much enjoyed the little singalong? They're such fearless lttle souls too, robins. They don't care what you're doing, they just sit right there and watch!

Sybil said...

Here I am Ma sitting in the sitting room the sun shining through the open door and I am singing away the song aboutthe red red robins one I havn't heard in a long time...thanks for reminding me of it. We have had very heavy thunder storms today but they seem to have all gone now leaving everything lovely and green
Love Sybil xx

Ally Lifewithally said...

Yes I enjoyed the sing a long ~ Robins are one of my favourite Birds I have one come sit on my windowsill and wait until I open the window to feed it ~ Ally x

Ally Lifewithally said...

I enjoyed the song and sung along with it ~ I have a little Robin come and sit on my windowsill waiting for me to undo the window and give it some sultanas which he loves :o) ~ Ally x

jack69 said...

Yeah, we sing the song many times as we walk. I like jumpy cheery songs, and this is one.
Thanks for the reminder.
Hope all is well.
Love from NC

Barbara said...

Yes I could see him.

That corgi :) said...

I did see the robin!! he looks like a good size bird too! how interesting where that live, love, laugh and be happy came from! I think I remember my mom might have sung this song sometime when we were growing up; it sounds very familiar with the lyrics!

neat that when you see robins you think of your mom, Ma :)

betty