It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, June 06, 2010

Chapter 6, Page 6, Book 10


He enjoys true leisure who has time to improve his soul's estate.

Henry David Thoreau

Take 5


Five things that will help to leave you feeling refreshed and renewed for another week

1.turn on something relaxing, such as a nature CD where they’ve mixed in sounds of animals, ocean waves, and gentle rain or a water fall

2. Either write down or type out everything you want to get out about that situation that has happened, as well as why you feel so upset

3. visualize somewhere you’d love to be. Imagine walking down a path in the woods, and stopping to smell the pine cones. Feel and smell the fresh air, and see birds in the distance.

4. Count your blessings. Actually write out a full list of everything you are grateful for.

5. walk outside in the dark and look up at the night sky. See how many stars you can count. Or just gaze around, and see if you can find some constellations.

Sundays are always my time of rest, relaxation, renewal and refreshment. Even though I'm retired I still need one day set aside to do what makes me start a new week with a positive attitude and plenty of energy to do what comes my way.

I always make time to attend church because it is there that I get set right with my Lord. There is always a lot of campers at the church I attend here near the campground. It could be they will be appreciating a place to dry out this weekend. Not everyone does luxury camping like I do. I have a nice comfy dry camping trailer and many others have tents.

We have had loads of rain making it seem much like a rain forest here on my hill where I camp. It is on the steamy side too, not chilly at all.

I hope your Sunday is filled with plenty of that good R & R and that you'll be refreshed and ready for the new week ahead.

As always you all are in my thoughts and prayers.

Remember, that you can only do what you can do, and stressing out over the impossible wastes the precious energy you need for the rest of your life.

So, take five, and feel glad to be alive!

'On Ya' -ma

8 comments:

Jan said...

A lovely post as usual ,with lots of good advice ,especially the last I tend to stress if I cant do all the things I have told myself I should ,Thankyou for sorting out my PC/blogging problem ,that is your good turn for the day ...love Jan xx

Buttercup said...

As I get older I need more and more time to relax. I have come to treasure the weekends to let go of problems. Have a wonderful and relaxing day!

That corgi :) said...

love your advice about taking five and feel glad to be alive! good advice on writing down situations that make us upset and getting them off our chest that way too :)

hope the sun shines a bit today for you all :)

betty

Ally Lifewithally said...

You have given us some good adivce here ~ and I do love Sundays they are always to relaxed and peaceful ~ hope you are enjoying yours ~ Ally x

grammy said...

I just caught up
I like that quote
blessed are the cracked, because they let in the light...
LOve the glass candle holder with the sand and sea shells
you are like me...really like the ocean...but will settle for family and being together (o:
LOve your camping pictures of all your kids and families.

Sybil said...

Well Ma not so much a day of rest and relaxation for me today. I have driven back home from our few days in Scotland it has been almost an 8 hour drive !! Think and early night might be in order. So glad that you are at the camp site although I sure wish you could have som elovely summer weather. We have been so lucky this weekend as it has been lovely and sunny and even warm !
Love Sybil xx

debbie said...

HAPPY SUNDAY MA,
THIS IS MY FIRST TIME TO YOUR BLOG AND I LOVE IT.
IT IS BEAUTIFUL AND FULL OF WISDOM AND GOOD ADVICE AND IT BRINGS GLORY TO THE LORD.
IF A SITUATION OR SOMEONE REALLY HURTS ME, I WRITE IT DOWN AND THEN BURY IT IN THE BACK YARD...SYMBOLIZING TO ME I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING I CAN DO IN THE SITUATION AND TURNED IT OVER TO GOD. IF WE EVER ROTO-TILL THE BACK YARD THERE WILL BE LOTS OF PAPERS OUT THERE...LOL
IT IS VERY NICE TO MEET YOU.
ANGEL HUGS
SIMPLY DEBBIE

peggy said...

I always get something good to read from you, I missed church yesterday because of flooding and clean-up, I'm glad you were safe from the storms in Ohio. I see you have a new reader, Debbie. She will enjoy your posts like I do. Have a good Monday.