It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, June 05, 2010

Chapter 6, Page 5, Book 10

Faith s like radar that sees through the fog -- the reality of things at a distance that the human eye cannot see

Corrie ten Boom
What a great woman Corrie ten Boom was. I read her bio and discovered just how great her faith was. It would be a miracle in deed if all of us had the faith that she did.

Today is the birth date of one my grandson's who was born in 2006. Two very short years later we lost him one November day. His death remains a mystery to this date. Causes were not found no matter how much they sought them. To accept by faith that this was God's will is one of the most difficult things I've had to deal with.

Yet I have. Our little pumpkin is now one of the blessed in heaven and I do believe that he is in a place where there is no sorrow or pain. There is only complete JOY for this little one.

I remain here at the camper although the weather hasn't be so great. Yesterday evening I even resorted to going down to the camp club house when the tornado whistle sounded the alarm. Better safe than sorry I say.

Depending on how the day goes I may or may not stay here till Monday. We'll see...

Little do we know each day just what that day will bring for each and every one of us. Today is a good day and I'm going to be thankful for it too.

I hope your Saturday is a SUPER one! Live every day to fullest. Count your blessings and be thankful for them.

'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

Buttercup said...

My heart is with you and with thoughts of your grandson. Wishes for a good weekend -- and cheerier weather. It's hot here, but so far no thunder storms.

Sonya said...

I just cannot imagine how hard that his been losing him, not knowing, but yes, what consoles is knowing that he is wih God and he is OK and alive with him. I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend camping though.

That corgi :) said...

I do remember when your family lost your grandson, Ma :( it is sad too that no cause was ever found; but you are right that God allowed it for whatever his reason or will and that is when trust comes into play that he really knows what is going on. and the good thing is one day you will see little grandson again and get to spend all of eternity with him :)

be safe!! that tornado alert would have me a bit concerned; glad you went to the club house to be safe indeed!!

betty

jack69 said...

Yes, it is better to be safe than sorry in one of these mobile things. Thank goodness it was nothing serious for you guys.

Corrie Ten Boom was a wonderful, faithful lady. Her wisdom and faith has kept many a soul afloat.

Thanks.