It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, June 04, 2010

Chapter 6, Page 4, Book 10



Blessed are the cracked, for they let in the light

anonymous
I found the quote above when I was reading an article yesterday and then I just happened to read another devotional that also included the verse below that describes us as clay so I thought I'd sh
are a few thoughts along that line today.

People are like containers that God wants to fill with His goodness and light . We are like a cracked pots and in the cracks are found beams of sunshine. Light for a dark and weary world.

When we let our light shine we can accomplish wonderful things. We can make somebody happy. We can encoura
ge those around us.

And yet, O Lord, you are our Father. We are the clay, and you are the potter. We are all formed by your hand

Isaiah 64:8

(even those of us that have cracks in our pots)


We all know about how great the sun feels after a long cold dreary winter and it's the same with people...they need someone to give them a bit of encouragement now and then too. Often I'm alone and there aren't many encouraging words coming my way but I read a lot and I pray a lot too.

I also found these tips on letting the light in the cracks.

If you’re depressed, think of the excitement that life offers.

If you feel stressed look for opportunities with optimism in your heart.

If you’re lonely, realize the world is full of friendly people and go out and meet them.

By choosing to see the joy in the way things are, you’ll soon feel the joy yourself!

Let your light shine and don't forget to let the light in too!

Have a fantastic Friday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

Angie said...

Thanks Ma! I hope we made good use of this rare and beautiful Friday and I hope God's sunbeams shine through our eyes and lips.

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

I love this post and needed it today. I just felt sad and did not know the reason why when I woke this morning.
Your post gave me the lift I needed.
Thank you...

That corgi :) said...

we indeed are the clay and God is the potter; it is interesting how he molds us and shapes us and uses us if we allow him to do so :)

I like those tips about letting light into the cracks of one's life; all very good ones indeed!

enjoy your camping weekend!

betty

Ally Lifewithally said...

Hope you have a lovely weekend ~ and thankyou for a lovely read this morning ~ Ally x