It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Chapter 6, Page 30, Book 10

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay ... Wonderful feeling, wonderful day!

What a wonderful feeling...

We here in northern Ohio are feeling the effects of a cool front that came to us via Canada. It comes at a point when we all thought we were melting from high temps and extremely high humidity. Rarely do we have a day above 80 here and we were experiencing 90 degree weather. I know for some that is not too bad, but here we are not used to it at all.

Today we'll be in the lower 70's and I do feel good and it is a very refreshing feeling too. It will be back close to 90 on the weekend so I'm really going to take advantage of the cooler weather and get some baking done. I want to take a cake for dessert for the 4th. of July and I'm hoping it will stay fresh enough as that is still a few days away, but I don't have an oven at the camper so I want to have it done before I go.

We've had a lot of rain ever since Spring began and the next few days are to be dry. If the long range forecast holds true there will be no rain until next Tuesday. That will be a wonderful feeling too. It's been so damp that even when the temps rise we are still soggy.

Wonderful:
1. Capable of eliciting wonder; astonishing
2. Admirable; excellent

It's a WONDERFUL Wednesday and I'm hoping yours is a WONDERFUL one too.

'On Ya'-ma

3 comments:

jack69 said...

I used to sing that diddy on the ship in the mornings, got a lot of dirty looks. hahahhahha!

We don't have an oven either, and Sherry misses it. We have a convection oven, but it is not the same for Sherry.

HOpe all works out.
Love from NC
Glad the temps are more to your liking!

That corgi :) said...

I think it is always nice when you get mild weather like this in summer, Ma. It is very refreshing and a welcome change indeed!! good idea to get a head start and do some baking while it is a bit cool; cake sounds like a delicious addition to whatever will be on the menu at your Fourth of July festivities!!

(now I have that song stuck in my head, zip-a-dee-doo-dah......)

betty

grammy said...

how exciting
I am going camping this weekend too
hope your time is great