It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, June 03, 2010

Chapter 6, Page 3, Book 10


And what is so rare as a day in June?; Then, if ever, come perfect days

James Russell Lowell


We had the promise of thunder storms yesterday and today they are here again. I'm going to wait and see what happens before leaving for the camper. Tomorrow is supposed to be nice so I'll be at the camper for sure.

I wish I could say I got a lot done while I was home but I'm happy with what I did accomplish so I'm not concerned about what wasn't done.

Happiness is a state of mind or feeling characterized by contentment,
love, satisfaction, pleasure, or joy

Happiness is something we all desire and I'm
one happy person. Happiness is something that has become a way of life for me.



As you can see we've had some pretty cloudy weather lately but everything is nice and green and growing around here. The roses have begun blooming and the hedge along the side of the yard will soon be blooming too. They are Rose of Sharon bushes and will bloom all summer long.

Ah, summer… What am I doing at this computer? The perfect month of June, with her sun and fun invitation, is a-calling.

It is THANKFUL Thursday and I always have a long list so here it is for this week

I'm thankful for the warm weather. It so so nice to no longer be chilled and thankfully the furnace is no longer running.

I'm thankful that part of my family were able to join us for camping over Memorial Day weekend as I always enjoy their company. That is a blessing for sure!

I'm thankful as always for my health and that of my family too.

I'm thankful for my home and my little place in the woods that provide comfort, shelter, relaxation and so much happiness

I'm thankful for the car that keeps running and getting me where I want to go

I'm thankful for my computer that travels with me and connects to the internet too.

I'm so very thankful for these and all my many blessings and I hope that today you can find a lot to be THANKFUL for too.

'On Ya'-ma

10 comments:

jack69 said...

Ahhhhh yes, June weather and personal happiness also, Life is good and I, I am happy also for you and for your place to get away, called 'My Camper'. Enjoy!

Buttercup said...

The roses are lovely. I'm thankful for warm sunny weather and warm sunny blog friends. Have a warm and sunny day.

grammy said...

I am so happy for June and summer
it is cloudy here too
but suppose to get real hot today

That corgi :) said...

you are retired, Ma, its okay if you don't get a lot done around the house; there's always another day to do so, right?? it is good indeed to be happy and content :)

betty

scrappy quilter said...

It's always so special to stop by your blog and see how thankful you are. Hugs

Kath said...

We all have lots to be Thankful for Ma.Our weather today has been sooo hot,I think Summer has arrived early Whoo-Hoo.I love your back yard and roses too.I loved my Rose of Sharon shrubs in my previous house.Enjoy your camping this weekend Ma.I may not get to comment now for another week,as I may be too busy tomorrow,I go away on holiday Sat the 5th until the 12th,so safe journeys.I hope the weather is good for you.Take Care God Bless until I return.

The Lucy and Dick Show said...

You always think of Ohio as flat, but no! What a great campground you have to go to! There are parts of Ohio that you wouldn't believe for beauty and the trees! I don't know how you can leave e very week!

Hollie said...

It's rainy here the past few days, & I have enjoyed it! The days have been cooler.

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

Enjoy your weekend..love you roses.

Angie said...

I had never heard of a Rose of Sharon and now here it is for the second time this week in different blogs. I'll have to make it 'third time lucky' and put one in our garden.