It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Chapter 6, Page 29, Book 10

I will tell you that there have been no failures in my life.
I don't want to sound like some metaphysical queen,
but there have been no failures.
There have been some tremendous lessons.

Oprah Winfrey

It's TERRIFIC Tuesday!

I sure have learned my lessons. Some of them over and over till I got it right. And some I'm still working on. I must be the queen of you should have learned that by now. I wish I could pass on some of that wisdom to others, but most of the time no one would listen anyway. If I say slow down, it seems they go faster. If I say relax, they stress out more. If I say simple things are what counts, they buy more. People in general only hear what they want to hear.


Failure is only the opportunity to begin again more intelligently

Henry Ford


Learning how to accept failure is a hard thing. But looking at it from the perspective of a lesson learned puts a whole new light on things. I learn new things every day of my life and I think that is important. We should never get too old to learn.

None of is perfect, although I've met a few who thought they were. Human beings are just that, human.


I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Thomas Edison


I hope your Tuesday is a TERRIFIC one. I'll be picking myself up and starting all over again. That is what truly counts anyway,,,

'On Ya'-ma





4 comments:

jack69 said...

I love your blog, MA! We never leave it empty, I always carry away something good and pleasant. The Quotes you use of others, and your own deep philosophy seem to mirror our own thoughts, you just express them better.
Take care, I know you will enjoy the day.

Ally Lifewithally said...

Pat I hope your Tuesday is a terrific one ~ Ally x

Barbara said...

So, so right and well written and researched.Thanks for your prayers and how I agree, how do people without faith get through the hard times!

That corgi :) said...

I agree with the concept about failures to see how they can be prevented in the future, kidn of like mistakes. I always told the kids when they made a mistake "let's see what we can do so you don't make it again". Always a learning opportunity for us no matter what age we are!

betty