It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, June 28, 2010

Chapter 6, Page 28, Book 10

This is one of DD's dogs

Celebrating Merry Monday

We all have the tendency to quickly forget how amazing our lives really are.

There are so many little things that make life worth living that we often forget to stop and enjoy them.

And sometimes when life is getting tough, work is getting your down or your just in a funk, it really helps to stop, savor the moment and sprinkle some of your simple pleasures in your life.


When I think back to my childhood, to the last day of school before summer break, I can remember the thrill of having all those months to do anything I wanted. Now I have come to realize that in retirement I have the rest of my life to do the things I enjoy

When I woke up the first day of retirement and found I could stay in my pj's as long as I wanted, I felt like a kid on Christmas morning, just waiting to unwrap the rest of my life.

So I think we really need to make a list of our favorite simple pleasures, and sprinkle them throughout our days. Simple things like a fresh cup of coffee, a hot shower. a fresh, clean towel. or even a new haircut.. Knowing what your simple pleasures are, and putting a few of them in each day, can go a long way to making life more enjoyable,

So on this MERRY Monday I hope you too can fill your life with what you enjoy. Fill
your day with simple pleasures. This morning
I'm sipping my coffee and enjoying it too

'On Ya' -ma

8 comments:

jack69 said...

Just one word:

AMEN!

Kathy said...

What a terrific idea!! We tend to take so much for granted and this will make us focus on how special some of the little things in life are. I am starting my list now~

grammy said...

I love to get up when I want to...be it late or early (o:
It would be fun to make a list of now and then pleasures. By the way...I never learned the fun of staying in PJs. I get dressed the minute I am up or out of the shower (o:

Arlene (AJ) said...

Loved your blog today...thanks for making us all stop and think. Take care dear.

Ally Lifewithally said...

The simple pleasures in life can be the very best there are ~ I do know you will enjoy this Merry Monday as you sprinkle your favourite pleasures among the ordinary joys of Life ~ Ally x

That corgi :) said...

love your new blog header picture, Ma! very scenic! (would make a good puzzle too to put together)

like the idea of simple pleasures! I need to gather such a list togther indeed!!

enjoy the day :)

betty

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

wonderful post..I too like sipping coffee in my pjs.

Barbara said...

Am being forced into the simple pleasure of life at the moment while staying close to home with Alan's health problems. I know that going through difficult times causes us to appreciate the little things which brings blessings in disguise.