It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Chapter 6, Page 27, Book 10

Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence

Aristotle

Sundays are always pretty much a happy day for me. In the summer time I enjoy the outdoors and time with some of my family camping. Any day of the year it is R & R day when I set aside time to just rest relax and rejuvenate.

Most of us have off work but certainly not all of us. For those that do work today I'm sure another day off does just as well for you. No matter we all need a break and taking time to rest and renew is just what we need in order to do all the work the rest of the week.



Well, said Pooh, what I like best, and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called

A.A. Milne

I can remember when I worked that it was happy thoughts of the weekend that often got me through some pretty tedious days. Of course now those days are behind me, but I do still keep very busy and setting aside a day for restoration of my body and soul is still needed.

I'll be off to church this morning as usual and as always you all will be in my thoughts and prayers.

The best vitamin to be a happy person is B1

Author Unknown

Happy Sunday!

'On Ya'-ma

8 comments:

Sandy said...

I found your very sweet and
cheerful blog this morning
through a certain corgi.
Enjoying reading your warm
thoughts.
Richest Blessings to you,
Sandy

jack69 said...

The writer is good. Just a few words conjurs up the anticipation of the food, day, love or the journey.
The destination is great, but I also LOVE the trip.

Have a great 'rest of your Sunday'.

That corgi :) said...

we are enjoying our restful day today too Ma!! its been a busy past couple of weeks so we are definitely resting and renewing ourselves today in anticipation of the week ahead; hoping you are having a great one too!

betty

grammy said...

I always like quotes from Winni the Pooh. I think one of the B vitimins is good for keeping mosquitos away.

peggy said...

Loved the Pooh wisdom. Another huge rain in Michigan today, so maybe lots of people got a restful nap (after the tornado warnings went away). Have a good week, Ma.

Buttercup said...

I love the anticipation of the weekend, but do enjoy the weekend, too. I treasured this morning and took it at a very leisurely pace. Got up early with no alarm and enjoyed no commitments! Wishes for a sweet week!

Hollie said...

We have enjoyed our R & R also. Oh how I love ole Pooh bear!

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

I love your picture you used on your header. We love Sunday's at our house too.