It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Chapter 6, Page 26, Book 10


I'm just like the tortoise in the story of the tortoise and the hare. The tortoise moved slowly along his path, enjoying his journey and the animals he met along the way. In contrast, the hare sped along, paying little attention to his surroundings, eventually falling asleep, and completely missing out on the joy of the journey.

I've noticed that the young people that I know are under some pretty heavy stress. Some are thinking they have ulcers and others have headaches and most are unhappy in the work they do.

It seems to be a way of life. If you happen to work at a job you love you are blessed for sure. I think that the main thing that people have to remember is that a job is just that - a job.

Life is too short and making your self miserable being stressed out so much just isn't worth it. I look back at the years I spent raising a family and working and remember how much I loved camping and getting away from everything...now I have nothing but stress free days. But that wasn't always the way.

I'm moving slowly and enjoying each moment as it comes

I hope that this Saturday is a SUPER one for you all!

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

Buttercup said...

I'm really trying to be the tortoise and enjoy the moments of my life. I spend too much time at work zipping through the days. Enjoy your day!

jack69 said...

Hey MA!
Love your attitude. Yep it is nice to be able to have stress-free days. funny if we don't watch it, we will find something to cause stress, because it was so much a part of our lives. From our camp ground to yours. LOVE

grammy said...

oh
I am soooo
the tortoise
oh well
I love life in the slow lane (o:

That corgi :) said...

so true not to try to stress out with things going on, Ma, and also so true to find something we enjoy doing for our work; it does help keep things more even balanced I think! I hope you are enjoying camping this weekend!

betty

Midlife Mom said...

I so totally agree with you on this! I am still trying to live a more stress free life and take things slower even though I have been retired for years. I find I get myself involved in so many activities that I can get overbooked! I am in the process of weeding out some things and doing the ones I love the most like church things and my Humane Society work. Great post!!!!