It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Chapter 6, Page 24, Book 10

It's Thankful Thursday!

I have so many things to be thankful for. While we all may think about things we are thankful for, I think every now and again to say it out loud helps you to realize how blessed your life really is . If we don't say it out loud the next best thing is writing them down and that's what I do here every Thursday.

I am thankful to have the most beautiful and loving family in the universe. I couldn’t imagine my life without them

I'm thankful for the summer weather.

I'm thankful for my health and that of my family too.

I'm thankful for good friends

I'm thankful for the time to visit and shop with my sisters

I'm thankful for hugs

I'm thankful for the birds that flock to the feeders and provide such good entertainment day after day

And finally, I am thankful to all of YOU.

I love Thankful Thursdays. There are so many things we should be thankful for each and every day. The Bible instructs us that we are to take time to reflect and see the gifts that God has given us. Often blessings come in small ways and those are the ones most often overlooked.

May your day be filled with many blessings and the next time you are feeling discouraged take time to remember the blessings that have come your way.

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

Kath said...

I am thankful for many blessings too Ma.I do say out loud. We have lots to be thankful for.Mine are too many to mention.God is Good.Lovely post.Have a fabulous Thankful Thursday.I hope the sun shines for you.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Ally Lifewithally said...

We do have so many things to be Thankful for ~ I think it is a lovely idea to shout it out aloud ~ Stop and smell the roses enjoy these gifts created on earth ~ Ally x

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

You do have a beautiful family.
I think we are both very blessed.
Lovely post.
Take care..

jack69 said...

It is good to be as MA, forever thankful. We have sooooo much to be happy and thankful over.

BEst to pick them, than the alternative.
From NC, LOVE

Sybil said...

We all have many things to be thankful for Ma thats for sure. I am always thankful that I found your blog and friendship. Today I have been extra thankful for the warm sunshine that has enabled us to sit outside and enjoy the laughter of the children on the recreation park...the primary school backs onto the rec. and they are allowed out there to play at break time and of course many stay on after school time...
Love Sybil x

That corgi :) said...

I do enjoy reading your list of thanksfuls every week Ma!! always good to put them down on paper and remember how good God is to us!

betty