It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Chapter 6, Page 23, Book 10

The almost full moon last night

Patience, patience, patience is what the sea teaches. Patience and faith. One should lie empty, open, choiceless as a beach waiting for a gift from the sea.

Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Patience is the state of endurance under difficult circumstances, which can mean persevering in the face of delay or provocation without acting on annoyance/anger in a negative way. To be patient is to endure discomfort without complaint.

Patience is one of the most valuable virtues of life

The key to being patient is to just settle down and try to maintain a positive outlook

I've found that I have to have a lot of patience with myself lately. I do everything more slowly than I've ever done. I do a little and rest a lot. After a life time of being busy and getting everything done, I find that is no longer possible. It's true I am getting older and if I want to enjoy life it means slowing down.

Life in the slow lane really isn't terrible, most of the time it is great!. I seem to be able to take in more of the important things and forget about the others. I've learned to prioritize and do the most important things first. I consider things like camping more important than cleaning my house. I even consider sitting on the patio watching the birds more important than the ironing or washing windows.


All things pass. Patience attains all it strives for,

St. Teresa

As you think, so shall you be


So on this WONDERFUL Wednesday, join me in being patiently wonderful!

'On Ya'- ma

5 comments:

Kath said...

I don't think I have done anything like I used to Ma since my retirement.It's true we live and learn what are the most important things.I was blessed with lots of pacience though,which I am happy about.Relax and enjoy.... why not we have earned it.... LOL!!Have a wonderful Wednesday.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

peggy said...

hi Ma, I have been away but will catch up with you. Surprise was the motivation site, looks like a really good one. Looking forward to reading your posts.

Ora said...

Hey Ma..well I will have to say..patience is not something I have an ounce of...really...don't have any...and it gets me into trouble from time to time LOL..it is hot, humid, and downright miserable here today...that's ok with me...I can handle it...and when I get to grumbling...I think on how cold it is in January LOLOL..and I turn over and enjoy it all the more LOL...and about those pains...yes..moving and stretching is best...someties I spend too much time here on this computer...like now....gotta git...God Bless...hugs Ora in KY

That corgi :) said...

love your priorities, Ma; I too would choose camping over cleaning, sitting instead of ironing. it is good that you have come to these conclusions and are enjoying your retirement!

Jesus mentiones a lot patient endurance. I think we all need a lot more patience in our lives indeed!

betty

grammy said...

Great thoughts on patience
I am usually the slow car that everyone is annoyed at