It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Chapter 6, Page 22, Book 10

It takes a lot of work from the face to let out a smile, but just think what good smiling can bring to the most important muscle of the body... the heart
Author Unknown

Growing Pains!

Now that I'm getting older and considered over the hill, I've found some new aches and pains that weren't there before. Mostly I get stiff when sitting too much and if I over do things being on my feet too much my knee aggravates me.

To alleviate much of my problems, I've found some simple exercise like walking and stretching sure does help out a lot. One thing I've learned is that if it hurts, don't do it. Work around pain, not through it.

It takes seventeen muscles to smile and forty-three to frown
Author Unknown

If you don't use it you loose it they say. We were given 650+ muscles for a reason – to use them!

Those muscles do include your smile muscles too, so don't forget to exercise them !

SMILES can cure a world of ills. Nothing can beat a SMILE whether your old or young.

Smiling is my favorite exercise
Author Unknown


It's TERRIFIC Tuesday! SMILE and have a terrific day everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

Angie said...

My face muscles and eyes are constantly doing their workout. A smile costs me nothing but does wonders for those on the receiving end. I'm not beatiful nor even pretty but be sure that a smile is what people remember about you

jack69 said...

To the other campground lover. (smile)

We have been kicking our breaker here, but we can still 'smile'.

Anyone reading 'Ma', reads a smile!
Thanks

Elizabeth said...

Very nice post! Thanks for your comments on my Fathers Day post!

Sybil said...

Big smiles today Ma the sun is shining and the sky is all blue with hardly a cloud...Also car passed it's MOT...
love Sybil x

grammy said...

smiling produces endorphins ... I make myself smile HUGLY when I am feeling down (o:
besides...smile and the whole world smiles
with you!!!

That corgi :) said...

I hear you, Ma, about our muscles and joints getting sore when sitting as we grow older. always a good excuse to get up and walk around and stretch out for sure!!

I'm using my 17 muscles to send a smile your way!! I hope you had a good day!!!

betty