It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Chapter 6, Page 20, Book 10



Remember the two places you are always welcome - church and Grandma's house.

Today is the day I always rest. Not that I haven't been doing a lot of that anyway. I'll attend church and then spend some time enjoying the beautiful weather we are having. They say we'll be having a great day weather wise and we've had a rain free weekend for a change.

It's Father's Day here in the USA and it's going to be great weather for any outdoor celebrations. This special day for Dads is observed on the third Sunday in June and was first celebrated on June 19, 1910 in Spokane, Washington.

I read that we all are absolutely unique. We are the product of 23 chromosomes from our mothers and 23 chromosomes from our fathers, and geneticists say that the odds of our parents having another child like us are one in 10 to the two-billionth power. The combination of attributes that constitutes us will never be duplicated.

I have some great sons that are fathers. Each and every one is unique but they share one thing in common and that is they are great dads. I hope this day is a special one for each of them. I often think they are a tribute to their dad who showed them just how to be a good Dad. I think they learned the lesson well.
He didn't tell them about how to be a Dad but by being who he was they learned .

I hope your Sunday is full of that great R & R that renews and refreshes.

As always you all are in my thoughts and prayers

'On Ya' - ma


7 comments:

Kath said...

Lovely post Ma.Yes it is Fathers Day here in England too.May I wish every Father a Great Day.I hope you manage a lovely sunny restful one.I plan on doing so,while we have alittle sunshine today.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

That corgi :) said...

wonderful tribute to your husband, Ma, and to your sons. I think its the old adage that "actions speak louder than words". Your husband led well and fathered well and your sons picked that up in how they are raising their children. Awesome!!

have a restful day!

betty

Sybil said...

Yes Ma as Kath says it is Fathers Day over here as well. It is a very very long time now since I have had my Dad with me (actually 40 years ago next month since he died) but I still think of him especially on this day..We had a good day at church as we had the lady who is going to be our new minister come September come to give us a sermon...she was great and we are all delighted to be having her. The we all met up for lunch, as my dear Brother in law is feeling poorly, we didn't want him to be doing all the cooking so we went to the local pub and had a great meal..
this afternoon Mary and I have been able to sit out on the deck in the glorious sunshine.
Love Sybil

Ally Lifewithally said...

It's Fathers Day here in the UK ~ and what a better way to learn to be a Dad than learning from your own Father ~ I wish each and everyone of your Sons and all Dads out there a very Happy Fathers Day ~ Ally x

jack69 said...

Good entry. Funny thing, we were just discussing the same thing about sons being different, a few minutes ago with our oldest son.
Of course not in the depth of chromosomes.(LOL) Lot of truth, as usual here at your house.

Rose said...

You are blessed with wonderful sons that turned out to be great dads because of their wonderful dad.

Great Post.

Buttercup said...

Had a wonderful and relaxing day. Often Father's Day makes me sad. My Dad has been gone almost thirty years, but I got to spend yesterday with my first cousins on my father's side and their families and it was a wonderful day. I couldn't help thinking what a great way to remember my father and how proud he and my grandparents would be of their grandchildren and great-grandchildren. The three greats are turning out to be just that -- great!