It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Chapter 6, Page 2, Book 10

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years

Abraham Lincoln

Each of us handles aging in his or her own way.

I believe that the older I get the more precious I find life is. I have a love of life more deeper than I've ever felt before and I believe that we should live and live fully every day of our lives

We turn not older with years, but newer every day.

Emily Dickinson

When I knew retirement was coming I made the big decision and bought a camper so I could camp with some of my children. I love camping and I love being with my children so I asked if they would mind if I joined them.


Knowing that my income would be limited I made the choice to buy the camping trailer so that I would have a get away, a vacation home to enjoy for years to come. I love the beach and would have preferred that to the woods but even though this is second best it is what I could afford and with some of my children there I could do it. If they ever decide to stop camping, I'm afraid I would have to also.

Now I'm enjoying my home and my camper and thankfully have within my reach a way to enjoy the age that I am. Being on my own as much as I am I love the companionship that camping provides. I made friends with new people at the campground and even if my children are not there there is someone always around so I'm not alone.

Most campers are uniquely wonderful people. Their love of the outdoors and the peace and serenity being away from the every day hassles of life makes them friendly and often wise too.

I know that when I'm home there is always work of some kind to do, but at my little place in the woods, work is left behind and my options are to rest and relax and just enjoy life.

Balance is needed in everyone's life. All work and no play is not good for any of us. Stress can make one sick and relaxation cures a lot of ills.

I'll be having a wonderful Wednesday as I finish up my chores at home today. I'll be heading back to my camper tomorrow weather permitting. May your day be a WONDERFUL one too!


'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

jack69 said...

I am so glad that camping is a part of your life, especially with your love of nature and people.

I always appreciate the quotes, wise folk can bring life into focus with words I wish I had said.

We have found folk who camp to be some of the cream of the crop. I am sure in other interests it is the same, but 'campers' no matter if they are in a tent or a million dollar rig, seem to be nice folk to be around.
From NC, jack * Sherry

Kath said...

We love campers too Ma.Be it in the woods or by the beach.We are about to spend a week starting this coming Saturday the 5th in a luxury camper by the beach,so I am lookimg forward to it as much as you do yourself in your own camper.My Father always taught us to find time for relaxation."All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy" he would quote to us.I am so happy you are enjoying your retirement at the camp ground.Camping people are lovely company I have always found.Have a wonderful Wednesday.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

BlueRidge Boomer said...

LIFE IS WONDERFUL...!!

Enjoy

grammy said...

I love getting away in our camper
it is really only about an hour from home....the place we camp the most. It feels light years away. My hubby that is a workaholic actually lets down and relaxes (o:
we are usually alone up there but friends sure like to come up and have a camp fire with us.

That corgi :) said...

I think it was great, Ma, that you planned what you wanted to do before you retired and took the necessary steps to get what you needed when you bought the camper. It brought you joy before you retired and now will bring you more happiness as you have a chance to use it more. I do agree, we need to find that right balance in our lives

have a delightful time camping!

betty

Hollie said...

I'm glad you have camping also. I enjoy hearing all about things at the campsite. It's almost as though I'm there with you through your stories. Enjoy your time & rest there because you deserve it!