It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Chapter 6, Page 19, Book 10

Common sense is the knack of seeing things as they are,
and doing things as they ought to be done.

Harriet Beecher Stowe


Common sense is something that we all have. And while some people probably have more than others, all of us, on occasion, have been guilty of not using it.


I've had a friend visiting for a few days and one of the things we've talked about is the fact that common sense really seems to be lacking now a days. Maybe it is the fact that there is so much information readily on hand that we've forgotten how to use our brains to figure something out. We can easily google up any question and get an answer. Of course we have to be aware of the fact that not all the answers we may find are the correct answers.

Things change so fast sometimes that what we used to think of as common sense...isn't very common at all. There are lots of things I used to think I had in common with other folks just aren't there anymore.

The three great essentials to achieve anything worth while are

first, hard work;

second,stick-to-itiveness;

third, common sense.

Thomas Alva Edison


One thing that has remained consistently the same is the fact that Saturdays are pretty SUPER. They are super because it's a day off from work for a lot of us and it's also a day we often try to get it all done. I'm going to have a SUPER Saturday here and I sure do hope it is something we do have in common.


Have a SUPER Saturday every one!

'On Ya'-ma


8 comments:

Angie said...

I have sometimes thought it would be better if only we could live our lives backwards so we could start out in life with a little common sense.

Ora said...

Hi Ma...yes...common sense is good...I like to think I have alot..but sometimes I think I confuse it with just be afraid to do something others would just jump in and do??? oh well...food for thought anyway...today is fun day at the part...baseball park that is...we will be going out shortly to walk around and see what is going on...trophies etc are handed out about six...always a good time then....happy day and God Bless...hugs...Ora...ps.that header is awesome!!!

Sybil said...

I have had a wonderful Saturday Ma,I had a most unexpected visitor and the joy she brought with her was worth a 100 visits..I am so full of joy after seeing her I can hardly even write properly.
Love Sybilx

grammy said...

I know what you mean about common sense

I think you could see if you could keep one Grand (of appropriate age) at your camper for a week or so. Maybe they would be willing to get said kid out to you,,,like summer camp (o:

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

Thank you..
I Have met some people who were lacking in common sense yet were book smart.

jack69 said...

Always love a picture of campsites! Thanks for the entry. I remember awhile ago passing a small Baptist Church down home, on the board out front it read:
COMMOM SENSE ISN'T SO COMMON NOADAYS.

But you are right, we all have it, but we don't use it all the time.
From NC, Love to ya!

That corgi :) said...

glad you had a chance to have a visit from a friend, Ma. It is so true how much we can find through the internet these days at the speed of light it seems like that we sometimes forget to do our own thinking and develop that common sense. enjoy your Super Saturday!

betty

Kath said...

Common sense is lacking today in lots of the younger generation I find.Something I myself feel I had plenty of when young.I hope you had a wonderful Saturday Ma as I am a little late catching up on my comments this weekend.Take Care God Bless Kath xx