It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, June 18, 2010

Chapter 6, Page 18, Book 10


Be careful of the words you say,
Keep them short and sweet.
You never know, from day to day,
Which ones you'll have to eat.

Anonymous

Most of the troubles that people get themselves into include some variation on the theme of acting too quickly on impulses without adequate and careful thought. There have been many times in my life that I've been afflicted with the foot in mouth disease. Many times I've said something without a thought to the consequences. I've seen some smiles turn into frowns because of untimely remark that I've made. I've also seen the opposite happen.

A compliment or a kind word can go a long way

Words

The six most important w
ords:
I admit I made a mistake

The five most important words:
You did a good job

The four most important words:
What is your opinion?

The three most important words:
If you please

The two most important words:
Thank you

The one least important word:
I.

Anonymous

Today is Friday and I'm hoping that it will be a FANTASTIC day for all of you!

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

jack69 said...

LOve it, and this comes to you from our campground in Lenoir, NC. This is not our home park, but it is closest to what we call HOME. Hope you have a fantastic weekend there in yours.
The first anonimous quote was one of my dad's favorite comments. He was a very successful pastor. WE all miss him.
Love from the Mountains of North CArolina.PS: One of our wayward sons favorite words is the one you list as 'Least important' and has caused him a lot of grief.

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Enjoy your weekend...hope the weather is beautiful!!

That corgi :) said...

I think that is why the Bible has so much wisdom about us controlling our mouth, since like you said, words can hurt, but also like you said, Ma, they can be encouraging and comforting. I think we should take James advice in the Bible, be quick to listen and slow to speak :)

loved the 6 words, 5 words, etc. very good advice to follow I do believe!

enjoy your weekend at the campground!

betty

grammy said...

Just got caught up. Always an inspiring word from you and a poem...fun things to read. Thanks (o:

Kath said...

Yes I believe we have all spoken too soon at sometime in our life Ma.I hope you have a wonderful day it has been rather gloomy at my end no sunshine today.Still I am thankful for feeling better.Have a brilliant weekend.Take Care God Bless Kath xx