It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Chapter 6, Page 17, Book 10

There are two days in every week we should never worry about,

two days that should be kept free from fear and apprehension.

One is yesterday, with its mistakes and cares, its aches and pains, its faults and blunders.
Yesterday has passed forever beyond our control.

All the money in the world cannot bring back yesterday.
We cannot undo a single act we performed, nor erase a single word we've said. Yesterday is gone.

The other day we should not worry about is tomorrow, with its impossible adversaries,
its burden, its hopeful promise and unknown performance.
Tomorrow is beyond our control.

Tomorrow's sun will rise either in splendor or behind a mask of clouds ...
but it will rise ... and until it does.
We have no stake in tomorrow, for it is as yet unborn.


This leaves only one day: TODAY!
Anyone can fight the battles of just one day.
It is only when we add the burdens of yesterday and tomorrow that we break down.

It is not the experience of today that drives people mad.

It is the remorse of bitterness for something that happened
yesterday, and the dread of what tomorrow may bring.

Make TODAY the best day it can be,
and live one day at a time!

Author Unknown


It is THANKFUL Thursday and I am very thankful for today. One more day to live and enjoy to the fullest.

I'm thankful for the computer I am writing on. Being able to be in touch with my family and friends without even leaving the house is simply amazing.

I'm thankful for great books and the ability to read. Many cannot

I'm thankful for my family, my home, my car, and for the necessities of life like my food and clothing. I am so richly blessed

I'm thankful for my health and that of my family too.

I'm thankful that today and every day I have a faith that sees me through the good times and the bad ones too.

For these and all my blessings I am so very thankful.

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.
Melody Beattie

The world is a wonderful place. The wonders present in each day are so awesome that we miss out on a lot if we don't take the time to look for them and to count them too.

Have a THANKFUL Thursday!

'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

Hollie said...

Great entry! Thanks for reminding us of what is important!

jack69 said...

I appreciate this 'unknown author'.

Sometimes we need a lift. Lately it is every day, and I love to drop by to learn what is new at your house. I am thankful I follow......
Thanks

Kath said...

I am thankful for just abour all the same things Ma.God Is Good.You keep me going with your wonderul words.Thankyou.The sun has got his hat on again today yipee!!Enjoy your thankful Thursday I shall .Take Care God Bless Kath xx

That corgi :) said...

I liked those thoughts about yesterday and tomorrow; I think that's why Jesus says don't worry about tomorrow since it will have problems of its own. We also need to not dwell on the past so much, but live as fully as we can today!

always enjoy reading your list of thankfulness, Ma!

I hope your day is a good one!

betty