It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Chapter 6, Page 15, Book 10

Time is a flowing river.
Happy those who allow themselves
to be carried, unresisting, with the current.
They float through easy days.
They live, unquestioning, in the moment.

Christopher Morley

A river is a moving stream of water. It doesn't stand still, it flows. It has a starting source and it continues down a pre-determined path until it reaches its final destination

When a river breaks at a waterfall, it gains energy and moves on, as we encounter our own waterfalls, we may fall hard but we always keep moving on. Time is like a river.

You cannot touch the same water twice,
because the flow that has passed will never pass again.

Enjoy every moment of life

I've been retired now since the beginning of April and it hardly seems possible that June is halfway thru already. I have been enjoying life but the days go by so fast that I think my river must be reaching flood stage.

I'm doing some shopping later on today. I need some things for home and for the camper. I'm also doing laundry which is a never ending job even for just one person.

I heard the weatherman comparing our skies to a sponge. There is just so much moisture up there that it could rain at any moment or not. Just depends on which cloud gets squeezed.

Time is a sort of river of passing events, and strong is its current; no sooner is a thing brought to sight than it is swept by and another takes its place, and this too will be swept away

Marcus Aurelius

Have a TERRIFIC Tuesday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

jack69 said...

I love rivers, ponds, lakes and waterfalls. All 'WATER' and our basis for contentment and life.
It always amazes me how water, and just 'water viewing' can soothe.
Love ya!

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Seems i'm always close to water...in Fl, the inland waterway and here in the high country...the New River....maybe i'm a "water baby"...hum....something to ponder...

Enjoy

Sybil said...

thanks Ma for that lovely rhyme about the river. I had never read it before. I have copied and pasted it on to a friend who was down this aftrenoon she was a bit "down" and I think this will help her.
much Love Sybil xx

That corgi :) said...

wow, I can't believe so much time has passed since you retired, Ma! these days are flying by indeed. I liked that analogy about time being like a river. It is true you can't touch it again once it has passed; you might be able to recapture some moments and memories, but they are never like the original events; very insightful thoughts today

betty

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

You are enjoying life. That is why time is going by so quickly.
I know what you mean about laundry.
I have a load almost everyday.