It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, June 14, 2010

Chapter 6, Page 14, Book 10




Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

I can remember the days when I was envious of people with more than I had. I would say if only I had their house, or their car or their money...how grand life would be. But thankfully I've learned that these things are not what is important in life.

A meal tastes no better if it served on fine china

But I definitely can tell the difference between a bad cook and a good cook.

If we can love generously and are not stingy with our feelings life looks a whole lot better. I think that caring and kindness automatically follow when our hearts are full of love.

If we truly accept our portion, the life we have, and can be content then we have treasures untold. My life is not as grand as some but certainly not as bad as others either. I am truly in love with life and the beauty all around us. Each day is what counts.

I was talking with a friend lately and we both agreed that we are so thankful for being able to enjoy each day that we can't help but be happy.

It's MERRY Monday and there is much to rejoice in. I hope you too can make the most of today and enjoy it too!

'On Ya'-ma

3 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Enjoy your day!!

jack69 said...

As always, gems of knowledge. I imagine there were a few folks who did not at one time envy the more well off.
WE learn with age, what you say here all the time.
"It takes a heap of living in a house to make it home", Edgar Guest said it in more words, but it is still the same. Expensive Dishes don't make a meal!

That corgi :) said...

I do agree, Ma; I think being content with what we have is such a good thing indeed! it is hard though, especially when we are younger (or at least for me) to be content and not want what everyone had; but I think with age and with realizing what really matters, it is easier to be content and grateful for all of God's blessings he shines on us :)

betty