It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Chapter 6, Page 13, Book 10

The rainy days a man saves for usually seem to arrive during his vacation

Author Unknown


We all have a yearning to rest and enjoy what we have done; to stop working and breathe deeply I know that I really look forward to coming to my camper each week. My oldest son and his family had a long weekend here with me and as his work can be stressful I know he was ready for a 4 day weekend. For the most part the rain has stayed away but last night just before bed time a storm rolled through. That is ok though as long as today stays sunny and clear.

We really can't count on the weather to make us happy. I always felt a rainy summer day was much better than a snowy winter one anyway. Sometimes we just have to be thankful for what we get and remember that it could be worse.

I still have one more day here as I won't go home till afternoon on Monday. It'll probably be that way for me most of the summer. So I'm going to try and refrain from saying I'm here or there and just tell you about my days and as always I'm sure there will be many other stray thoughts come to mind. You'll mostly know where I am by the pictures I post as I try to take a few new ones every day to share.

I do hope that you all enjoy a wonderful day of R & R and as always you all are in my thoughts and prayers.

'On Ya'-ma

8 comments:

Hollie said...

I hope today is a beautiful day for you all. Enjoy your time there!

Jan said...

Where ever you are I hope you are enjoying yourself ,(I'm sure you are) you can always see the positive Pam ,bless you for that ..love Jan xx

Sonya said...

Camping sounds so wonderful. Have a good weekend.

jack69 said...

Always appreciate reading this blog. I like the positive attitude and good advice. We could all use it most of the time.

We smiled, ok laughed, at the rainy day quote. by author unknown.
Thanks!

grammy said...

i woke up to another cloudy almost cold day of SUMMER. I have the four year old for the next four days. I thought we would be playing in a pool...guess not. (o:

That corgi :) said...

cool new picture on your blog header, Ma, but I know that signified how much rain your campsite got that one weekend

sometimes rainy days are great ones too as long as you are some place you enjoy being and can be with people you love too :)

enjoy your time, whether you are here or there; it is always enjoyable reading your uplifting thoughts and words :)

betty

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

Do people live there year round?

Angie said...

I do love to hear about other people's lives. Not sure if that makes me nosey or just interested!

Went on a trip to Ohio with Sarah Jessica Parker this evening (via TV of course!) What a beautiful state.