It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Chapter 6, Page 12, Book 10

Is the old adage Red sky at night, sailor’s delight. Red sky in morning, sailor’s take warning true, or is it just an old wives’ tale?

Weather lore has been around since people needed to predict the weather and plan their activities. Sailors and farmers relied on it to navigate ships and plant crops

During sunrise and sunset the sun is low in the sky, and it transmits light through the thickest part of the atmosphere. When we see a red sky at night, this means that the setting sun is sending its light through a high concentration of dust particles. This usually indicates high pressure and stable air coming in from the west. Basically good weather will follow

We did have a beautiful sunset last evening. I actually had to get up out of my chair by the campfire and go take a picture for you all to see.

It is a beautiful sunny morning here in Ohio. Yet they are predicting some rain today and tomorrow too so we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

No matter the weather I'm hoping for a SUPER Saturday and I do hope your's is a SUPER one too!

'On Ya'- ma

7 comments:

Jan said...

Or as we jokingly say ,Red Sky at night Shepherd's delight ,Red sky in the morning shepherds hut's on fire ...naughty hee hee ,hope yoyu are well ..love Jan xx

Angie said...

I do like a nice sunset but oh how I WISH I ever got up in time for sunrise.

Happy weekend!

Sybil said...

What a lovely sunset you had last night. I do love sunsets....and i also believe that red at night sheperd's delight, red in the morning sheperd's warning...and it is amazing how often that it comes true. Hope your day has stayed lovely sunny and warm as it has been here,
Love Sybil xx

jack69 said...

The campfire sounded wonderful, looking forward to one soon. The picture is beautiful. LOt of truth in the old addage.
(One guess is as good as another!) ha!
Love from NC

That corgi :) said...

beautiful sunset, Ma!!! hoping the storms decided to go another way away from the campsite for at least the rest of the weekend

betty

Buttercup said...

I love sunsets, too. For several years I got to watch the sunset over the Hudson River from my office window and it was always wonderful. Never grew tired of it. Have a wonderful Sunday!

grammy said...

We have had rain rain rain all weekend
yuck
to much!!!
I just read your post about the grandkids living away from you
I feel your pain...how hard for you
enjoy the ones that are close by while you can