It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Chapter 6, Page 10, Book 10

Any man's life will be filled with constant and unexpected encouragement if he makes up his mind to do his level best each day

Booker T. Washington

I make no secret of the fact that I find myself moving slower these days and getting less done. But still the days fly by and I'm always busy.

This morning I'm packing up the car and heading for the camper again. I leave behind a house that is less than tidy. Everything is not in it's place but for me it is more important to enjoy the nice weather while I can. I'll spend far too many days inside at home when November comes and the campground closes and the weather will be cold and miserable for the most part. We usually have almost 6 months favorable weather and 6 months of bad weather here where I live. I don't want to waste these precious good weather months by doing house work so I'm going to the camper.

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are
Theodore Roosevelt

It is thankful Thursday and I have another long list of things that I'm grateful for. I firmly believe that feeling thankful and expressing that thanks makes you happier and heartier too.

I'm thankful for my health and that of my family too.

I'm thankful that I have the opportunity to camp and enjoy nature

I'm so very thankful for nice weather and am praying for all the ones affected by the bad tornadoes that struck in Ohio last weekend.

I'm thankful for the blessings of beautiful sunrises and sunsets.

I'm thankful for all the little things in life that seem so common yet help to make my days brighter and more beautiful

For these and all my many blessings I am so truly thankful.

Thank you Lord!


A man can do only what he can do. But if he does that each day he can sleep at night and do it again the next day.

Albert Schweitzer

I hope you can find time to count your blessings this Thursday. The more time you spend thinking about your blessings, the more you'll find yourself feeling genuinely grateful for every day of your life.

'On Ya'--ma

9 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Enjoy your weekend....we've got nothing but RAIN headed our way...!

Ora said...

Hi Ma...I don't comment as much lately...but one thing for certain..I am happy that you are enjoying the good times at the camper and the family...as right now they are the most important things going on in your life..you have done in the past all that was needed and with a happy heart to do so...now is the time to rest, enjoy, and be thankful as you are...and as for the "tidy" house...I always tell folks..."if you come to see ME...come anytime...if you come to see my "house"...give me a couple weeks notice LOLOL....be blessed and have a good safe time...hugs...Ora

Angie said...

Enjoy these good times. God sent them intending you should.

grammy said...

I can't believe it is Thurs. already.
I say get to the camper while you can (o:
I would like to have one of the older Grands spend several days in the camper with me.
I think it would be such good one on one time
do you ever do that...have one or two at the camper with you?

That corgi :) said...

safe travels, MA! I bet Silver Streak could get to the campsite on its own as many times as it has taken you there! it is good that you are thinking ahead and enjoying the nice weather and not worrying about your house; you are right, before you khow it, the weather will turn again and be cool and you'll have plenty of time to get done what you want to get done inside your house then

betty

Sybil said...

At last Ma I am also thankful tonight as at last after 24hrs almost fighting with this computer I have at last managed to get a problem sorted out so can now comment again.
Love Sybil xx

jack69 said...

Love the quotes, Ma.
They go right tot he heart of the matter.
I'm with you, there is no question which is best, campground or extra housework. Hands down, CAMPGROUND!
Have a good time. Glad you can get on line at the campground.
Love from NC

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

all great things to be thankful for.

Rose said...

I know how much you enjoy being at your Camp.

You have far more energy than I do.

Hugs,Rose