It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, May 08, 2010

Chapter 5, Page 8, Book 10

Every Mom is a Working Mom


For many young parents, it seems that children will never learn to walk, to talk, to dress themselves. Sometimes the everyday tasks we do for our family wear us down and out. We forget that this too will pass. They won't be little forever.

The days are long but the years are short. And before I knew it I looked in the rearview mirror of my car and saw empty seats. My house was empty and I was the only one sitting at the table for a meal. Long gone were the days that were filled to the hilt and bubbling over with the joy of a large family.

The poem below caught my eye and I thought you'd enjoy it too.

Through a Child's Eye

The world is an adventure,

there's so many things to see,
the search for buried treasure,
climbing high up in a tree.

Finding shells along the seashore,
playing marbles in the sand,
skipping stones across a pond,
throwing as far as you can.

Playing a game of hide and seek,
way back out in the woods,
pretending your a robber,
and stealing all the goods.

Wading barefoot in a creek,
and trying to catch a frog,
or going to your favorite park,
and playing frisbee with your dog.

And as I sit and wonder,
it comes as no surprise,
how little things can seem so big,
seen through a child's eyes.

Author Unknown


How I wish I could remember to see things through the eyes of a child with eyes wide open and attention focused with wonder and curiosity
Adults, with eyes to see, can learn so much about success in life from children. Children live and play out their dreams totally in the moment

I used to be a child. But somewhere along the way I became focused on getting from one place to another, and forgot to notice all the wonderful things in between. I'm going to try to learn to live in the moment more, at least some of the time and I pray that I won't forget how to see the world through the eyes of a child


How silently, how silently, the wondrous gift is given!
So God imparts to human hearts the blessings of his heaven


I hope your Saturday is a SUPER one!

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Great post!!!

Enjoy your Mother's Day weekend!!

Rose said...

I enjoyed reading your Post.

Have a wonderful Mother's Day!

Hugs, Rose

Lainey Laine said...

Lovely post Ma.

So true! So Sad! It's so sad that our children grow so quickly!

I feel lucky that I work with small children. I see the wonder and excitement in their eyes when they learn something new.

Laine xxxxxx

jack69 said...

This was a great entry, and I love the poem. Yes somewhere along the way we lose perspective, I guess that is the human in these VERY hectic days. I have read your comments for a long time now. Always enjoy them.
Happy Mother's day!

Ally Lifewithally said...

Ma have a wonderful Mother's day weekend ~ Allyx

grammy said...

Great post.
Loved the poem
but your words really got to me about looking in the rear view mirror and seeing empty seats...wow
so true
aren't we blessed to get to be with our Grand kids ?

Joann said...

BEAUTIFUL pic of the lilacs!! WOW!! I can almost smell them! = )

I remember the thing I thought my son would NEVER accomplish was the POTTY!! BOY, was I happy when THAT was finally done!! LOL!! But I sure miss him being little. = )

Nice post!! Happy Mother's Day to you!!