It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, May 07, 2010

Chapter 5, Page 7, Book 10

All mothers are physically handicapped. They have only two hands

Anonymous

I saw an article in the news about the richest mothers in the world. My name was missing from the list. I don't know why they forgot all about me.

I really thought that I was on the top of that list.

As Mothers Day is coming up here on Sunday I thought I'd devote some entries to MOTHERS. There are so many different kinds of moms. Good, poor, best, tired, and loved. I've known many moms and am a mom and so I thought here is something I really know about.

I know that being a mom is not easy but it is the most rewarding job I've ever had.

I know that being a mom keeps you busier than you ever thought you could be. Just when you think things are done it's time to start all over again.

I know that children never cease to amaze and surprise me.

I know the power of prayer and that my children are in better hands than mine

I know about unconditional love and how no matter what I love them dearly

I know that I've been blessed richly to have had 7 wonderful children. All of them are gifts from God.

I know that no matter how old they may be, I'm still their mom.

There has only been one gift which I regard higher than that of my children and that was their father.

I hope your Friday is a FANTASTIC one!

'On Ya'-ma



Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while, but their hearts forever

Author Unknown

2 comments:

That corgi :) said...

what a wonderful testimony to mothers, Ma, and I am sure you are the bestest of mom to your seven and the bestest of grandmother to your many wee ones. I am sorry your husband died so "young" not to see the kids raised and the grandchildren. I hope you have a great Mother's Day!

betty

peggy said...

I've had a really busy day today and it is now late in the evening. I have been reading some of your posts I had missed and re-reading some more of them. It is so nice to hear positive words at the end of the day. Happy Mothers Day weekend!!!