It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, May 05, 2010

chapter 5, Page 5, Book 10


Celebrating WONDERFUL Wednesday

Each one of us can make a difference by passing on what we know. We can pass on your confidence, moral support and hope to others.

I've been so blessed to have friends
and family that willingly share their ideas and thoughts. I've learned so much that I would not have known otherwise. I love having some one recommend a good book or even share a great recipe. My life is definitely fuller and richer bec
ause of others.

If an encouraging thought comes to mind, share it! It may not have the same effect if you wait. In Hebrews 3:13 we are told to : Encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today…

I've learned that what ever you give you will receive. Discouraging words are about all we hear today. Life can beat people down to where they feel worthless. Encouraging words give life. Encouraging words change us, transform us, and help us to become more than
we could ever believe.

Just one sincerely spoken, kind moment of encouragement can make a huge difference. It can lift an otherwise discouraging day to the level of tolerable or even better.

I hope your day is mostly tolerable, in fact I hope it is better than that, I hope it is WONDERFUL.

'On Ya'- ma

The pictures are some of the new things I found to hang on my walls to go along with my red, white and blue theme.

10 comments:

Kathy said...

Excellent advice. I hope you have a wonderful day. You always start our days off on a positive note.

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Hi MA! Oh I love that!! Mostly tolerable! Ha! Well, I love that I have your blog to visit each day. Say, have you ever read anything by Terri Blackstock? Wonderful books, very inspiring!
Hugs~Sharon

Ally Lifewithally said...

Live Love and Laugh is really good advice ~ Hope you Wednesday is a wonderful one ~ Ally x

Angie said...

I love a good read and the anticipation of settling down later on with a rattling good yarn makes the daily chores seem worth it.

grammy said...

i think we strive to do this for a child
but i think we forget to do so for adults...
or my spouse...
i need to do it....
tonight at supper i will try out some encouraging words (o:

grammy said...

I thought I commented on this...but maybe it got lost.
Sometimes I have my hands full (like eating breakfast) and think I will come back and comment when I have two hands (o:
Good words reminding me to encourage others more often (o:

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

very true. sometimes I just smile at someone while walking into the grocery store and they always look happy and smile back.
I guess the old saying treat others like you would like to be treated is very true.

That corgi :) said...

I like your pictures, Ma, I bet they go great with your red/blue/white theme!

always know the importance of an encouraging word too; it is so uplifting to hear positive thoughts rather than negative ones

that's why I enjoy your journal so much since you are always encouraging with a positive disposition :)

betty

Buttercup said...

So enjoy your positive and encouraging thoughts. My day was more than okay...a good meeting, lunch with a friend, perfect weather and a good crossword puzzle and now time with my blog friends. Can't ask for more! Hugs and good wishes.

Hollie said...

Your entries always lift my spirits! Thanks for that! I love the new wall hangings! I hope you have a wonderful Thursday!