It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Chapter 5, Page 4, Book 10

My youngest son with his son, our little Lucky guy


CELEBRATING TERRIFIC TUESDAYS

Opportunities are like sunrises - if you wait too long, you miss them

William A Ward

One morning I took time to stop and watch the colors change as the sun peeped up over the horizon and then bloomed in all its glory, making it impossible to look directly into its blinding rays. It reminded me that life is very much like a sunrise.

Life lived out, no matter how many years on this earth, is a mere blink of the eye compared to eternity. During the course of that lifetime many changes take place. Sometimes the sun is completely obscured by the storm clouds of life; however, no matter how hard the storms may rage, or how dark the world may become around us, the sun is still shining. It is only temporarily hidden from our view.

How wonderful!

It always shines again!

I remember my first trip in an airplane. It was a cloudy dark day when I arrived at the airport, but once the plane took off and rose above the clouds the sun was shining brilliantly.

Sometimes we need to rise above the dark days life throws our way and soar to where the sun is shinning. The sun rises and sets each day. Every morning it starts it's ascent in the horizon.
Every day we can begin again too.

Have a TERRIFIC Tuesday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma



5 comments:

Sybil said...

well Ma our packing is done so now about to have a shower and wash hair...not sure if I will go to bed tonight as we are leavng at 4.30am ! I have to call over to Mary at 3am so she can be up and dressed etc to be time.. I am taking my wee notebook with me so will hopefully be able to keep up to date if I can useit on the cruise ship ! Oh for some lovely warm sunny weather xx
Love sybil xx

That corgi :) said...

your son and grandson's picture was so cute, Ma. you could definitely see the love there

love your description of how the sun is still shining even in our toughest darkest times

hoping all is going well watching your Lucky guy :)

betty

Ora said...

Hi Ma...great advice...going to try real hard to do this...but I do believe the rising is going to be mighty hard!!! but I WILL try...hugs...Ora

Lainey Laine said...

Awwww yeah well said Ma! Im gonna rise about my dark day I had today and be much more positive when the morning sun rises! I feel I've had a bit of a down day today what with the hospital and all. Just feeling sorry for myself really! Laine xxxx

ADB said...

Behind the clouds shines the sun, as it always does - even at night.