It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Chapter 5, Page 30, Book 10

If you never did, you should.
These things are fun, and fun is good.

Dr. Seuss

Life is no picnic...but lately mine sure seems like one.

Picnics are easy entertainment. Simple food and plenty of rest and relaxation.
Pleasant times spent with family are #1 in my agenda. Every time I get the opportunity to enjoy such times I do


My life in the past was pretty hectic yet I always took time out for my good R & R on Sundays. Every one needs a break in order to be able to do the best they can in the week ahead.

Lately all my days seem like Sundays. A constant feeling of restfulness seems to be my new way of life.

Sundays at the campground are very often the day that most have to pack up and return home for the work week but this is a holiday weekend so it will be another day of rest and relaxation here. No one has to go home until tomorrow so that they are ready for a new work week.

I don't go to work any more so I really am only going to return home so I can check the mail , water the plants and do my laundry.

Today I'll be off to church as usual. I visit the little church about 15 minutes down the road from the campground. And as always you all will be in my thoughts and prayers.

I hope your Sunday is filled with lots of that wonderful R&R

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

Kathy said...

Ah, what a great life isn't it? Enjoy your Sunday and your family too.

Angie said...

We were just saying the other day how it's easy to forget it's a holiday weekend when you're retired. Alll weekends are holiday weekends - at first anyway. Enjoy the extended R&R

jack69 said...

What a relaxing entry. Yeah, the CG looks crowded. Folks enjoying their weekends. I love the smell of campfires and the outside cooking. Continue your picnic! Wish we were there.

grammy said...

have a great wonderful day
will you stay even longer than monday
i want to have my oldest Grands (6 and 8)
stay in the camper with me one at a time....I think that would be so good for them and me (o:

Hollie said...

I'm so glad that you don't have to work anymore! Your daily life sounds heavenly to me. I just wished I lived closer so I could visit you, but since I don't I have to visit you here. Enjoy the rest of your weekend with your family!

That corgi :) said...

it is nice in your retirement, Ma, that you still take Sunday as a day of R&R, to relax and recharge. I'm sure you are enjoying this Sunday indeed with your family :)

betty

Kath said...

What a lovely thought an extra day for the family.So happy you are able to spend these wonderful times together,and also being able to rise and shine every day at whatever time you wish.Make hay while the sun shines Ma.Take Care God Bless Kath xx