It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, May 03, 2010

Chapter 5, Page 3, Book 10

CELEBRATING MERRY MONDAY
...no more Monday Blues at my house.

With a face like this looking at you, how could you help but have a happy day!

There were plenty of Monday's that I dreaded. The ones that were cold and icy outside were usually the worst. In the summertime I looked forward to most mornings as the sun was up and it was warm out. When I worked, payroll was done on Mondays and it was a very fast paced day.

Usually when we complain, it is because we have too much time on our hands. When we are extremely busy, our days go by very quickly and we often don’t have time to think of whether it’s Monday or Friday

I have always thought that we are responsible to keep a light burning in our souls and creating joyful moments in the midst of the hectic world is what gives light to others and nurtures light in our own soul.

Just like a smile is the light in the window of our faces to let the world know someone is home...

Filling my mind with encouragement and truth always gives me guidance and my body a boost.

Sundays have always my R&R day. God designed for us to have and to take rest because without it, we do not endure well or see Him clearly or have the strength to believe in order to get perspective.

I got my rest and refreshment just as I always do so I'm ready for this Monday and I hope you all are too!

Have a Merry Monday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

Ora said...

Hi Ma...oh for sure to see that sweet face each morning would be a joy ... a precious joy!!! LOL..glad you get that priviledge!!! and again..as usual..you have made my day!!! hugs from Ora in KY

scrappy quilter said...

What a sweet little face and such a joy. It's so neat to see how much your retirement has changed your days. I love it. Hugs

Angie said...

Merry Monday to you too Ma. It sounds as if you've taken to retirement like a duck o water!

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

so cute!!!! I would love waking up to that little face.
He looks very content and happy.
Is he a good sleeper?

That corgi :) said...

I agree Ma, what a great way to welcome Monday by spending time with that little guy!

hoping the day was a good one!

betty

grammy said...

Love the words of wisdom and love that sweet baby face. You are loving retirement and you deserve it (o:

Lainey Laine said...

Ah! such a cute lil baby! What a beautiful face! Im so glad you are enjoying your retirement Ma. Lainey xxxxx